"Don't worry, I wouldn't let anything happen to you." This phrase melted my heart for a second because the next phrase just ruined it. "I mean, I wouldn't let any harm come to any of my employees. Now, hurry up!" He semi-yelled while continuously looking back at the door, which was most likely close to breaking by all the banging. Slowly, I lifted my right foot and placed it on the edge of the window and lifted my body up while he supported me by holding my back. Twisting my body, I placed my left hand on the window to balance myself and used my right hand to grab hold of the rope. I quickly glanced at him who was standing there while pointing the gun at the door in case someone breaks in while we were still escaping, and he reassured me by nodding his head because my concern was visible in my eyes. Mustering up the courage I used both of my hand to grab hold of the rope and steadily lowered myself down.

"Don't look down!" He yelled when I removed my eyes from his to look down. Immediately, I snapped them back to him.

"What if I fall?!" I screamed with a fearful voice.

"You won't. Don't worry, just hold the rope and slowly lower yourself down and I'll follow down afterwards." By that time, I was halfway down the rope when I unintentionally looked down and immediately regret it and squeezed my eyes shut. Taking deep breaths, I started to lower my body down again and when my bare foot finally managed to touch the ground, I opened my eyes in satisfaction. I looked up and realised that he started to climb down the rope. What utterly amazed me was how skilfully he lowered himself down, it clearly seemed as if he did it multiple of times before. When he came down, we could hear the door of our room being broken, frightened by the outcome as soon as he placed my shoes down on the floor, I slipped them on we made a run towards the exit. I was shocked that he had thought of bringing my slippers, considerate? Maybe, but it still didn't change my opinion about him. He's still a bastard for me. 

Many people who were in the hotel began to run around in all different directions. Panic took over me by viewing the situation and I immediately took hold of his arm and unknowingly dug my nails into his skin because of pure fear. He didn't really complaint though, in fact, he placed his own hand on mine in order to reassure me that everything was going to be fine, but deep inside I knew that it was far from it.

"What do we do now?" I asked in panic while running my free hand through my messy hair. I didn't really care what I looked like in that situation; all I care about was getting out of the mess without any injuries.

Without glancing my way, he continued to shift his eyes everywhere, clearly looking for ways out of the mess and answered, "First of all, we need to get out of here."

Duh! What about later?

Rolling my eyes, they landed on an alley in the far corner. I tapped on his arm three times to get his attention while still looking in that direction. "There's an alleyway down there," I said with a glint of hope while pointing in that direction with a grin. Grabbing my hand, he pulled me towards that direction, more like sprinted in that direction. 

Panting for fresh air we both kept running through the dark never-ending alley until I couldn't take it anymore. "I... can't do this. *cough cough* anymore." But did he stop? Nope.

"You might want to get killed but I don't!" He yelled while still holding my hand and sprinting. He finally looked back at me and realised that I needed to sit down. "Fine. Just a little while more and I'll see if I can find a place for us to spend the night in, and then when the sun rises, we will set off again." I nodded my head in agreement and picked up my pace again before he changes his mind for whatever reason.

If running for 35 minutes was as he says 'little more' then I feel like bashing his head against a wall to fix those loose screws.

"Are we... are we planning on stopping anytime soon?" I asked after stopping and while desperately grasping for air.

By this time even, he was out of breath. Who wouldn't be after running non-stop? "There's a huge tree there. We could take rest there. Plus, there are only a few more hours till sunrise and we would have to get going again."

"Ok," I replied. Walking over to the tree we sat down. I let my headrest on the tree and closed my eyes while taking a deep breath in to calm down my uneven breathing. Just when I was about to give into sleeping, I snapped my eyes open again when I heard him getting up. "Where are you going?" I asked alarmed.

"I'm going to get woods to light fire as it's getting colder each second. There are some just there." He replied while pointing in the direction. He was saying the truth, it wasn't fair. It was visible were a few blocks of wood were lying around. I nodded my head and he walked off to collect a few blocks of wood with his usual long strides. Tonight, I saw a totally different side of him. He wasn't the usual bastard that I always encounter. He was concerned. He was supportive. He reassured whenever I lost hope. Whenever I feel like I'm finally getting to know him, he shows a totally different side of him and confuses me. Assuming he might need help with all those woods I stood up. However, after taking the first step I was roughly pulled by a hand on my waist and another hand on my mouth which prevented me from screaming.

My back was harshly pushed against the tree where I was not visible to anyone. I kept on kicking my weak arms and legs attempting to get out of their grasp, but it was useless. Continuous salty waters were flowing down my cheeks while I was making all the efforts to getaway. 

"This girl is like a Ferrari mate." Laughed a recognisable voice, but I couldn't see their faces because they were wearing a black mask.

"What are you waiting for? Just make her unconscious." Suggested another man who was standing next to him, who was wearing similar musk as well. They seemed to be in a gang or something.

"Pass the injection." The similar voice spoke up again with devilish eyes. When he moved his eyes from me to the other guy to receive the injection from him, and I realised that this was my only chance to call for help before they make me fall unconscious. With the speed of lightning, I grabbed his hand and bit on it as hard as could while squeezing my eyes shut. He cried out in pain for a second but managed to suppress it by swearing under his breath after removing his hand from my mouth. Taking the opportunity in my hands I screamed as loud as I can for help and hoped that he would manage to hear me.

"HEEEEEELP!"

Before I could tell what was going on, the other guy quickly jabbed the injection in my right arm making me yell in pain. I wanted to shout. I wanted to yell for help. I wanted to scream for him, but I couldn't. I felt dizzy. I felt like everything was fading away, my vision became blurry. I could hear a voice call from behind me, "LILLIAN!" It was him! He came to save me! However, the happiness didn't last for long as I wasn't able to keep my eyes open any longer and let them gradually close. Before I fell unconscious only one question was going around in my head in circles...

Am I dying?