14. California

Countless number of trees were passing by as we zoomed past. The white car that I was in with him was a contrast to the darkness outside. He was sitting on the other end of the car while typing away on his phone, most likely emailing. On the other hand, I was leaning against the half-open window while my hair was being blown by the wind, giving me a very relaxing feeling. However, that didn't actually last very long, unfortunately.

"We would be reaching a hotel soon. I expect you to be as professional as possible. After all, you are my PA and I don't want people saying what sort of PA I appointed, got it?"

"Yes, sir," I replied and straight away looked back outside the window as I was clearly was not bothered to talk to him. All I really wanted to do was sleep for a good few hours before we must get out to travel. To my surprise, he left that conversation there and just went back on his phone. I sometimes wonder what on earth he does on his phone because the documents can only be viewed on a laptop, but I didn't want to pock my nose into his business.

What if it's his girlfriend? What if he talks to her most of the time? What the hell Lilly! Why do you even care who he talks to?!

"Do you intend to stay there for the rest of the night?"

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realise when the car had stopped, and he had already stepped out of the car. Opening the door, I hurriedly followed behind him, but it was impossible to catch up to him since he was accelerating towards the hotel, and I was a fool to wear a heel. When I finally had managed to enter the building without tripping over, I noticed that he was already speaking to the receptionist.

"We're on the 3rd floor." He spoke up when I was standing behind him and speed-walked towards the lift without waiting for my response.

No surprise there.

Jogging behind him I stepped in the lift along with him without saying a word since all I wanted to do was sleep and relax for a bit and not hear his annoying outburst.  Standing in the lift I looked up and realised that he was still on his phone, sometimes I wonder how he acts in front of his family, especially in front of his parents. Is he this grumpy in front of them as well or does he have a different attitude beside this usual cold one? Well, if he does have a different attitude in front of them then I would pay anything just to see it. Honestly, c'mon! You wouldn't get to see it as an everyday thing so, why not?

Still remaining behind him I stepped out of the lift and followed him. This floor of the building was tremendous. There was a circular shaped reception desk that was huge; there were cream coloured chairs opposite the reception along with a small glass table in the middle of the chairs; there were many plastic colourful plants on displays that were looking amazing and right opposite the lift were the rooms, and each room was opposite another room.

While he was talking to the flirty receptionist, there was only one thing going on my mind while looking around the hall; I hope my room isn't opposite his room

When I looked at the receptionist, I noticed that she was getting too... well, too touchy! On the other hand, he was just standing there pretending to show that he's unaffected but the look on his face gave away the fact that he was actually really uncomfortable, but just as he opened his mouth to say something to that flirty receptionist, I couldn't control myself any longer and grabbed the keys and his hand and pulled him towards the area where there were rooms located.  When we reached where the rooms were located, I was stopped because he stopped walking. When I looked back, I saw that he had raised an eyebrow and was shifting his eyes from me and our hands continuously in a questioning manner. I hastily let go of his hand and bought it back to myself.

"What was that about?" He questioned after placing both of his hands in his trouser pockets.

"I'm sure sir, that you weren't enjoying standing there with her, so I saved you."

"What makes you think that I wasn't enjoying that?" He said with a smirk.

Am I daydreaming!?

I questioned myself and looking at his dazzling first-ever smirk. However, as soon as the words that left from the same mouth sank into me, I was fuming, absolutely fuming! I fisted both of my hands, but I didn't reveal it to him though.

Plastering a fake but genuine-looking smile I replied, "Whatever lets you sleep at night. Now, can we go?"

"Sure." As soon as he moved forward I let out a quite frustrating breath, after all, I didn't want him to hear it and give him the wrong idea that I was pissed because of what he said and all. It's not that I wasn't affected by what he had said, but hey! He doesn't need to know that. When I skipped all the way at the end of the hallway towards the last room, I asked him; "So, where's my room?" with a smile on my face. What? I was extremely tired so what do you expect me to do besides laying on a comfy bed.

"This one." He simply replied with his cold and stern tone, and he stepped in with a long stride which left me confused because I thought that this room was supposed to be my room, nevertheless,  I stepped in behind him and let the door close behind me.

"Shouldn't you be in your room?" I asked with creased brows in confusion.

"This is my room." He said and removed his blazer and displaying his arm muscles on the show that was visible through the black shirt, and this left my tongue twisted for a few seconds.

"I don't get it, I thought this was my room...?"

"This is OUR room." He replied while emphasising on the word 'our' after rolling his eyes.

"What?!" I yelled and as a response, he used his finger to clear out his right ear indicating that my voice was causing trouble to his ears, but did I care? No!

"I'm not deaf." He started to unbutton his shirt, but I didn't realise I was too busy staring at his face that wasn't looking at me anymore in annoyance.

"But... but how can we share a room?!" I said out of panic. Honestly? me and him sharing a room for a night? Never!

"Stop making a fuss and get some sleep. We have to get up at 5:00 am and leave around 6:00 am." As soon as he finished his sentence, he grabbed his towel from his bag and left to have a shower along with taking his clothes. Once the shower water was running, I dropped myself on the bed and massaged my forehead attempting to reduce the throbbing headache.

Getting up from the king-size bed I walked over to where my suitcase was and got my nightwear out along with my towel. Just when I closed it up and threw my things on the bed my phone rang. It was from an unknown number.

"Hello?" I asked while standing near the enormous open window, but I didn't receive a response.

"Hey princess, remember me?" When I was about to remove the phone from my ear to end the call, an awfully familiar voice spoke up, making my eyes go wide in shock and causing my heart rate to accelerate in fear.

"Jacob?"