Chapter Twenty Eight: Screw Luminescent I Have Someone Else

Shakira's POV

I've been avoiding Jackson and Troy at school now. Eating lunch in the library and sitting far away from them in the classes we have together.

I don't know what to think.

Do I discontinue being Luminescents girlfriend and instead be Jackson's girlfriend?

I need some serious girl time with Jen.

I sit in the library and I text Jen.

SHAKIRA/ Hey Jen, can we go to the coffee shop after school? I need a girl talk.

JENNIFER/ Sure thing Shay! Meet you there!

I smile a bit before finishing my lunch. I walk to my next class, ready to avoid Troy.

***

I wait impatiently at the coffee shop. Finally Jen walks in.

"Hey Jen." I smile.

"Hey Shay, so, tell me everything." Jen says.

I launch into describing what's going on and when I finish Jen has a thoughtful look on her face.

"You and the boys need to work this out. The lunch table is pretty quiet without you." Jen says.

"So I talk with them?" I ask.

"Yeah. You talk with them." Jen nods. I hug Jen. A few girls come up and ask for an autograph. I sign their newspapers and notepads with my name and wish them a good rest of the day.

"I'm going to go home now. See you later Jen, and thanks for the talk."

"No problem Shay."

***

I text Jackson first.

SHAKIRA/ Meet me at the coffee shop?

Jackson almost immediately texts back.

JACKSON/ When?

SHAKIRA/ ... Now?

JACKSON/ I'll be there in a few.

I quickly make my way to the coffee shop and wait for Jackson.

I feel Jackson's presence before any thing.

"Hey." Jackson says.

"Hey." I reply quietly.

We're silent for a few seconds.

"Shakira-"

"Jackson-"

We say each other's names at the same time. I blush.

"You first." We say in unison. "Sorry." We say.

I stay silent and gesture for Jackson to go first.

"Look, Shakira, I'm sorry. I didn't want to tell you at first because I was afraid you'd tell people. After a while, I was worried you'd hate me for not telling you. After Enchanting Magic revealed herself as you... I was half scared you'd still tell people, half ready to show you my identity... So I did, and Troy with me." Jackson says. "Do you forgive me?"

"I forgive you." I smile and nod, leaning over and hugging him.

"So... I thought about this... Do you think you could stop being Luminescents girlfriend and be mine?" Jackson asks.

I smile and nod, planting my lips on his. Jackson kisses back, and he ends up taking control of the kiss. After a few moments he breaks away.

"Wanna come to my house?" Jackson asks.

"Sure."

Jackson drives us back to his house. "I have the house to myself tonight."

I smile and nod. I walk into the house after Jackson.

It looks the same as when I first walked in.

I glance at Jackson who's looking at me and I stare back.

Before I know it I'm pressed against the wall and I'm making out with Jackson. I take my nubbins out, I won't need them for now.

Jackson's hand slips up my shirt and I grab the end of his.

"Are you sure?" Jackson asks.

I look into his eyes. "Yes."