Chapter Four: I Am Scared of Heights

Shakira's POV

School had gone by fast, but to my dismay, Troy, Quinn, Wesley and Jackson were all missing today.

I had just stayed with Jen throughout lunch. Although we did have a very interesting conversation explaining to our friend Charlie about bras and bra sizes.

It was actually quite funny seeing how clueless he was to everything.

Currently I'm on my way back from karate. I'm a very active person... Any way, it's super dark out and it's a long walk home. I don't like driving into the city for my karate because it makes me feel lazy. So I walk.

But tonight everything seemed off and I really wished I brought my car.

That's when I heard the man walking behind me. I quicken my pace, but I hear his footsteps quicken too. Then another pair of footsteps is added... And then another.

Finally I'm at a full out sprint, but being me, I trip over a crack in the sidewalk.

"Looks like the little girl fell!" One of them laughs.

"Look girl, let's make this quick, give us your money and valuables and we'll let you go." Another says. I stand and refuse.

That's when one pulls out a gun. He points it at me and smirks.

"Don't make me pull the trigger sugar." He says.

I begin hyperventilating.

Finally I do something I haven't done in a while.

I scream.

I scream and hope a super has heard me. Please Selcouth Entity save me! You're New Yorks hero! Save me please!

The men laugh and the one with the gun shakes his head.

"No one will do anything for you sugar." He says.

But then a super comes out of no where. He easily takes all the men out and breaks the gun.

I pant heavily as I stare. Did Selcouth Entity really come save me?

But I'm surprised as the hero turns around and on his outfit which is pure black it has a shimmery silver L.

I stare for a moment before saying it out loud.

"Luminescent." It comes out as a whisper, but he heard me.

"That's me darling." Luminescent smirks.

I feel a little faint, so I take a seat and out my bag behind me.

"Are you alright?" He asks quickly.

"I'm... I'm fine." I say standing back up.

He comes beside me and his hands look ready to catch me if I fall.

"Thanks for... Thanks for saving me." I say.

I catch his smirk. "My pleasure. Helping the damsel in distress is my thing, you know?"

I roll my eyes and continue walking.

"Hey, hey, hey, where are you going?" He asks walking beside me.

"Home." I reply.

"But I just saved you, isn't it like a thing for the hero to take the girl home?" Luminescent asks cockily.

"Ha, ha, you don't even know where I live." I reply.

"You could always tell me." He shrugs.

I roll my eyes again before continuing to walk.

It happens so fast, I'm scooped up and I'm no longer touching the ground.

I scream as I get higher. I clutch Luminescent so tightly I'm surprised he's not choking.

"Get me down!" I yell, hiding my face in his chest with my eyes closed so I don't have to see what's beneath me.

"Tell me where your house is." Luminescent says.

Stalker like much. I think before telling him my house.

As we fly and I'm clutching onto Luminescent for dear life - and my small karate bag - he begins to talk.

"So want to tell me your name?"

"Shakira." I reply.

"And, Shakira, I'm guessing you're afraid of heights?"

"Yes." I quiver slightly in his hold.

"I promise I won't drop you." He says softly.

I clutch him tighter. We go in silence from there.

Luminescent finally speaks. "You can look now. We're on the ground."

I slowly open my eyes and look over to see we are indeed on the ground. Luminescent sets me down and smiles a bit.

"That wasn't so bad, was it?" He asks.

"It was horrible." I reply shaking at the thought that I was very high above the ground.

"Well, you're home now." Luminescent points out.

"Yes... Uh... Thanks. Again. For everything." I say.

"No problem." Luminescent smiles before flying off.

I turn and walk into the house. Telling everyone it's me by slamming the door. It's my signature move.

I stalk to the stairs and run up them, two at a time. Then I launch myself into my room and fall into the cozy bed. I sigh happily into my warm covers.

I don't put pajamas on or anything, I just cuddle into the covers and fall asleep.