Chapter Twenty Four: Shakira Can't Be Dead

Luminescents POV

I watch Enchanting Magic, Shakira, being knocked out and I want to help her but one of the other villains distracts me.

Before I know it, all the villains are retreating and Shakira is no where to be found.

I gather TSS. "We have to find Shakira. She's my girlfriend, and she's your team member." I say.

The others nod.

"She'll probably be at the factory where the villains have their base." Dynamite says.

"Let's go." I say, flying and leaving the human spectators.

We get there and I notice a strange glass cage in the parking lot. It's completely empty.

Suddenly a voice echoes through the parking lot.

"Hello supers. I assumed you'd come here. Shakira will be out in a minute." Says the familiar voice of Nightmare.

Suddenly Nigtmare flies above the glass case. And I watch as a super teleports into the glass cage, dropping a limp Shakira to the ground and teleporting away.

"Shakira..." I whisper.

She starts to move slowly and she stands, looking around frantic. She looks pained and her eyes are full of fear.

"Watch your strong Shakira become nothing." Nightmare says to us. Suddenly a loud piercing noise echoes everywhere. Shakira covers her ears and starts screaming, but I can't hear what she says through the glass.

She starts pounding on the glass as she cries. I look at her, and after a few minutes she falls limp. I run over and bang on the glass.

"What'd you do to her?" Selcouth asks.

"She's only weak." Nightmare replies.

"Only weak? She looks dead!" I exclaim, I'm furious.

Nightmare lifts the lid to the glass cage and flies in. "Shakira, will you work for us now?" He asks, kneeling beside her limp body. "Shakira I will put the sound on again, I will make you live with the sound until you join me." Nightmare warns.

Apparently Shakira says something, but I can't hear her.

"I want you to make a dome of glass around the city. Using all the glass in the city. Then I want you to read peoples minds, tell me what they are scared of. I also want you to help me build my machines, your mind can move things faster and easier than my men. What do you say?" Nightmare asks.

Shakira replies again and again I can't hear what's said.

"So be it." Nightmare says. And the noise starts again. Nightmare flies out of the glass again.

I start pounding on the glass again. I finally use my super strength, putting everything into it and I crack the glass.

Selcouth flies up and he hits Nightmare hard. The sounds suddenly stops.

I shatter the glass and I pick Shakira up. I can tell she's only half conscious now.

I fly with her in my arms straight to the hospital.

I feel her stop breathing and I burst into the emergency room.

"SOMEONE HELP HER!" I yell.

Shakira takes a small breath and then stops breathing again.

"SOMEONE!" I scream. Doctors and nurses come running, they steal her from my arms and I'm forced to sit down on some waiting chairs by a few nurses.

After a while I hear silence. Complete and utter silence. Then a scream.

Suddenly noise again and everything is happening at once.

I just want Shakira to be okay.