Chapter Eighteen: Most Cliché Scene Ever

Shakira's POV

I glance at my clock and it reads 11:03. Well there's no point in going to school today.

Instead, I pull on my costume and grab my surfboard. I mentally pray no one is in the house as I walk downstairs and outside.

I jump on my surfboard and head out to the thick of the city.

I decide I need a weapon, what other store to go to than a weapon store? I walk in, my surfboard in hand and I set it up against the empty piece of wall by the door. The man behind the counter looks up and is ultimately surprised.

"Enchanting Magic! Hello! What may I help you with?" He asks.

"Teaching me how to use the weapon I'm most comfortable with. Uh, that is, if you know how to use the weapon." I say.

"We've got plenty of both old weapons and new ones." The man says.

"List a bunch of weapons and we can go from there." I say.

"Well, cross bow, gun, sword, bow and arrows, daggers or knives, a-" The man starts.

"I want to try using a gun, sword, daggers and bow and arrow."

"Of course!" He gets a weapon from each category out and leads me to the back room; a long room for target practice. "Here's a pistol," The man starts to explain while handing me one. "It's going to jolt you a bit when you shoot it, and shoot it away from your face. Feet should be shoulder width apart."

I nod and take up a target. I hit the target on the ring closest to the middle circle. Instantly I feel the gun too violent.

"Good job!" The man says. "Here are the daggers. Stand like you would while shooting the gun. Now you hold the knife or dagger like this," He shows me how. "And you throw it."

I do so, and it hits the target on the very edge. I wince, that was bad.

"That's a good first try, most people don't hit the target." I smile a bit at that. Then he hands me the bow. I instantly know this is the weapon. I can always make arrows with different ends like Hawkeye off The Avengers, ain't I on some Avengers like team?

I easily string the arrow and let it fly. I lands in the middle of the target.

I'm. A. Natural.

The man is speechless.

"I'm taking the bow." I say.

"O-Of course!"

We walk to the front room and we search for the perfect bow and quiver. We find the perfect pair. A pure black quiver and a black bow with a pop of teal on the handle.

I had put money in my boots, 'cause I'm that skill, and I pay for it.

I put the arrows in and sling the bow across my back. I jump onto my surfboard and fly through town.

I spot the most cliché scene ever. There's a kid with his grandma and their cat is stuck in the tree. DO YOU KNOW HOW CLICHÉ THIS IS?

I grab the cat before flying down and handing it to the lady.

"Oh thank you!" The grandma says in her croaky old lady voice.

"No problem ma'am." I smile.

The little boy is staring up at me, eyes wide.

"Can you sign something for me?" He asks.

"Sure kid." I smile. He runs into the house and comes out with a permanent marker. He takes off his hat and tells me to sign the inside.