Chapter Two: Luminescent Means Light Without Heat

Selcouth Entity POV

There's a new super here in New York. Goes by the name of Luminescent.

I'm their big 'hero' here. There's some other minor supers, but they don't help so much, leaving me all the work.

I admit, being a superhero is hard. But being a high school student is harder.

I'm in grade twelve in the high school and when I put on the mask, I feel my high school self wash away. I feel the real me.

Currently I'm flying over the outskirts of New York, I had just watched the U20 girls play an amazing soccer game.

Hey! Don't blame me for loving soccer and having some free time.

I watch as a girl I recognize from my school starts walking home. She's smiling, and I recognize her as Shakira. She's quite the girl.

She's beautiful, yes, but I'm not even friends with her. I don't have a crush on her either if that's what you're thinking.

She has wavy brown hair that falls to her waist and a mix between almond and round eyes that are a striking green.

Don't think I'm perverted when I say this, but she's got a really cute butt and a simple sized breast to go with it.

Maybe this year I can see if we'll become friends, I mean, it's only two weeks into the year.

After Shakira walks into her house I fly away and simply just scout the city before going to bed.

I spot the new super Luminescent by the ambulance station. He's creating a fire ball in his hands and he lashes out at the station.

I fly over but Luminescent is already gone. I frown as I fly over to the quickly growing fire.

It's so strange.

The fire isn't hot.

Then I think back to his name, Luminescent.

Luminescence means something that gives light not produced from heat.

Light without heat.

I nod understanding the meaning of his name. A creative name at that. I put out the fire before flying home for the night.