Twenty- Nine

'Single quote' = signing

"Double Quote"= speaking

Bold = writing/typing

Italics = native language

After the secret meeting last week Sky expected Grey to continue pretending he didn't exist, so he was extremely surprised when he arrived home from an early morning stake out to find the boy sitting on his front porch. Grey looked uncharacteristically nervous, and he avoided Sky's eyes as he asked to come in. Dom and Elijah were at school and River was out doing who knows what, so the two of them had the house to themselves. Sky could tell that the boy was extremely uncomfortable, so he made a pot of chamomile tea and passed him a glass over the counter. He accepted it gratefully and downed the whole thing before Sky could even take one sip. He refilled the mug for his love's cousin and waited for him to speak.

"I don't hate you okay?" Grey threw out, his eyes glued to Sky's chest. "I know everyone thinks I do, but I don't."

'I never thought you hated me Grey, and for the record I don't hate you either.' Grey just grimaced and gulped half of his tea.

"Derek and I used to be best friends, we were inseparable for years." Sky's brows furrowed at the sudden change in topic, but he nodded anyways and sipped his tea.

"Our dads are friends too ya know so no one thought it was weird that we were so close even though we were so different, and we didn't either until he started spending more time with his pack friends. They said it was weird that he spent more time with some Vamp than his own betas, and he agreed with them. He agreed Sky and he just started seeing me less and less and then suddenly he just stopped talking to me. We didn't see each other anymore, but my dad told me that he and the Alpha got us a room together at school, and I was so excited. I thought it would finally be my chance to get him back, to get us back to where we were, and then we got a second roommate. We got you Sky" He chugged the second half of his tea and Sky poured him more.

"I was so mad that you were there. I thought that my chances were ruined because if someone else was there then he definitely wasn't going to talk to me. You didn't do anything wrong, but I was just so upset and I took my anger out on you for a really long time. I hated that you were so nice and that you got to talk to him and sit with him at lunch and then even though it was totally obvious that he was into you, you didn't even choose him! You chose my dorky cousin who I honestly would have made bets would be alone forever. I just couldn't accept that you'd ever choose someone like Dom over Derek and I just let my feelings get away from me. I'm sorry Sky, I really am."

'It's okay Grey, I get it. Though I think you're wrong about Derek having feelings for me. He and I have never spoken in a way that was anything more than friendly.' Grey scoffed, and he drank a smaller gulp of his tea this time. Sky looked at him, really looked, and came to an easy realization.

'You're in love with him, aren't you?' Grey's blush was all the confirmation he needed.

"It doesn't matter. He has a mate out there somewhere and we're not even friends anymore. I don't mean anything to him."

'You have to mean something to him after being so close for so long.'

"If that were true then why would he leave Sky? Why did he leave me?"

Grey's eyes began to glisten with unshed tears as he finally looked up into Sky's eyes. He didn't know what to say to make him feel better, so he simply rounded the counter and pulled Dom's cousin into a loose hug. Grey began sobbing into his chest, clutching the boy's shirt with tight fists. Sky rubbed his back lightly, doing his best to exude a calming energy. He didn't know if it would actually work to help sedate the boy, but he was at a loss. He had never felt romantic love before he met Dominic, so he was way out of his depth with this situation. He didn't know how long they stood there together, but eventually Grey's breathing evened out and he pulled himself far away from Sky. Sky passed him a couple napkins from a pile nearby to blow his nose.