Cold-hearted

Wally's POV

My alarm blares startling me awake, and I'm about to lay back down when I remember it's my birthday. I leap out of bed going over all the things that are going to make today the best birthday ever. I got my cast off, it's snowing, and Ana...

"Ring Ring Ring!" My phone wakes up, and I pick it up to see Ana's contact photo pulled up on my screen. Well speak of the devil.

"Well hello beautiful."

"Happy birthday Wally, how does  it feel to be sixteen?" She asks with a tired chuckle. "Honestly I feel the same, but I'm looking forward to the surprise party you guys planned." I quickly bite my tongue bracing myself for her wrath because I know how hard she tried to keep it a secret.

"Wally!" She cries most likely glaring at me through the phone. I set my phone down on my dresser as she starts to rant taking this chance to quickly change. Hey two birds, one stone.

"Next time your girlfriend decides to throw you a surprise party, for her sake, at least play along!" I freeze catching the last part of her tangent staring at my wall like an idiot as I hold the phone to my ear ignoring her calling my name.

"Wally are you still there?" She asks worry lacing it's way through her voice, and I know she's going over every possible scenario for my silence in her head. "Yeah it's just, you caught me off guard..."

"I did? Ironic, but... What did I do?" She asks sounding more curious than hesitant, and her voice resembling an innocent child's when they've been caught stealing candy. "Nothing it's just... That's the first time you've called yourself my girlfriend."

"Well it's only been two weeks." She whispers defending herself, but I know she's beating herself up over the minor detail. " It's fine, cute even, but most girls jump at the opportunity to say they have a boyfriend." I lean against the door thankful she can't see the light red coloring covering my cheeks.

"And I thought we established I'm not your typical girl?" She chuckles a blender mixing with her voice, and I hear Diana enter the kitchen clanking dishes and running water drowning her out for a second. "Well I'm assuming we're not going to have school, so I'll see you at your no longer secret surprise party."

"Yeah sorry about that, but I can't wait to cash in for my birthday kiss." I tease wincing once I hear her mom heaving for air in the background, and I realize I'm probably on speaker.

"Goodbye Wally." She sighs pointedly, but I can tell she's still smiling.

"See ya later beautiful."
------------------------------------------------------------------

Wally's POV

"Zeta tube offline due to extreme atmospheric weather." I heave a sigh of relief jogging through the cave practicing my surprised face. "It would've sucked if I missed my own..."

"Surprise!"

The lights all turn on all of my friends and teammates jumping out of the dark with Uncle Barry and Red Tornado. "What?!? Oh you guys you shouldn't have. You really got me..."

"Right, like you haven't been hinting for days or anything." Robin scoffs playfully sharing an amused look with Anastasia. "I already told them Wal, and don't you think you were laying it on a little thick?" She asks taking my hands and leading me into the decorated lounge stuffed with our friends.

"I made two cakes." M'gann explains clapping her hands while leading me two the table where all the food is, and while I'm distracted Artemis pops a party hat on my head. "Great, but what will you eat?" Anastasia chuckles placing a tray of cupcakes down on the other side of the table carefully watching me like she's worried I'll eat them too.