Independence Day

I imagine Anastasia looking like this, but with blonde hair and her crown on top of her head. This is not my work the credit goes to the artist, and if you know who that is please let me know.

Anastasia's POV

My mom landed a solid kick to my mid drift throwing me back several feet, and I lie on my back for a second waiting for the pain to vanish like it always does. Just as I'm pushing up she knocks me back down clearly not done proving her point. "You're unfocused, how can I trust you to go on missions if you're holding back and distracted by little things?"

I scoff sweeping my leg under her so she's lying on the ground with me, and the annoyed look she gives me disappears when she sees I'm laughing and she decides to join in. "Seriously though I'm getting better, and there's tons of heroes my age. Do you really think they're more qualified than I am?"

Her smile drops and for a second I can see the fear in her eyes obviously there's something she's not telling me. "You're more than ready, but your weaknesses are more blaring than you want to admit" she sighs pushing a single curl behind my ear, and letting her fingers brush my crown as if touching it would bring grandma here with us. Even after five years both women were two proud to put aside their differences.

"Now I have some League business to take care of..."

"Right today's the day all the other protege's get there shot at the big leagues." I shouldn't but I can't help but glare at my mom, I mean I'm fifteen and she still treats me like I'm five. "Exactly Anastasia, their protege's, you're my daughter. Now do you need dropped off at cheer practice?"

"No" I state dryly standing up and heading up to my room to get ready not wanting to get in the way of my mom's very important Justice League business. I toss the silver tiara on my bed yearning for my grandma to be here because she would support me, and all my mom wants me to do is live a normal life and not worry about what she does.

Although after everything my grandma did maybe I don't want to be with her either...
------------------------------------------------------------------

Diana's POV

I stand off to the side with Martian Manhunter both of us exasperated at the mess these four kids made. "I'm thankful
I didn't bring Anastasia" I laugh knowing he'll understand since he had to deny M'gann the opportunity as well.

"At first I was thankful as well, but now I see how passionate these kids are and I'm no longer sure." He turns giving me a look that says do what you must even if you think you can't, but deep down I know I can if it's really what she wants. "It's just hard... She's my only child."

"I have no children but I treat M'gann as if she were my own, so even thinking about letting her do this is killing me" his eyes droop like a lost puppies, but I can still tell he's going to do it because that's just how J'onn does things.

"How do you tell them to sit and pretend to be helpless when they have a talent to protect the ones that really are?" He gives me a small smile but I can tell it's fake, and he's doing it just to make me feel more comfortable with the situation.

"You're right J'onn I know what I have to do."
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anastasia's POV

"Mom where are we going?" I ask curiously following her down the alley a few blocks from our house. "You'll see" she states smuggly with that classic mom smirk that leaves me glaring at her shadow. Shuffling my feet I follow her glancing down at my jean shorts and simple striped tank top hoping this is nothing fancy. I'm not usually one for dressing up, but my appearance has been the talk of my school for years, and while I usually don't listen I'm still self conscious.