8. fight for her - lisa

a/n: idk if i mentioned this, but this story is based in 2014-2015, just before gay marriage was legalised in the whole of the USA.

Enjoy this mess ;))))

--

"Jennie, you need to take the next right," Jisoo traces her finger along her phone that's displaying the way to the hospital. She's sitting in the passenger seat of Jennie's car, guiding Jennie to the hospital, which is proving to be extremely tough as Jennie is sure she knows the way, but the way Jisoo is telling her to go is in the complete opposite direction.

I'm sitting in the back with Chae. She's still passed out so her head is in my lap as she cradles her broken knuckles. We managed to slip an ice pack in between her knuckles and her good hand so hopefully the swelling goes down a little, or at least numbs the pain for when she wakes up. I run my hands through her hair so she stays asleep until we get to the hospital.

It's times like these where I have to put away my feelings for Chae and just look after her. When I pulled her hands I saw her face change from being soft and happy and wanting to be near me to hug me, to being in complete and utter pain. I could see in her face how much it hurt and now instead of thinking about my feelings for her and how this is kind of a cute moment, I just have to think about her and making sure she's okay.

"Jisoo, I know where I'm going!" Jennie snaps back at her girlfriend, obviously quite frustrated at Jisoo's directions and the fact that we're bringing our best friend to the hospital. She's also obviously annoyed at the fact that we've had to skip our detention which will result in us getting into more trouble, but more than anything I believe she's sad and angry at Chae being hurt.

"Can you guys stop fighting? You're going to wake her up," I lean forward and tell them quietly, making sure to hold Chae so she doesn't fall or wake up. I slump back into my chair as Jennie quietens up and solely focuses on the road and Jisoo locks her phone, staring in the same direction as Jennie. 

I feel Chae stir in her sleep, groaning a little. I slip my hand to her waist as her t-shirt has ridden up a bit and I trace my finger along her soft skin to calm her down. "Sh Rosie, go back to sleep," I whisper to her ear, continuing to caress her skin. After she stops stirring I pull her shirt down and rub my thumb against the material on her waist rather than her skin. I slowly trace my hand up her body and start running my fingers through her chocolate, brown hair again. Not only is it calming for her but it's helping me not to cry about the fact that I just unintentionally hurt my best friend.

I feel Jisoo's eyes on me and I look up at her. She's smiling at me, flickering her eyes between me and our best friend. I know she knows about me being in love with Chae because Jennie figured it out and probably told Jisoo, or they figured it out together. I know she wants to talk to me about everything but for now all she does is look at us and smile and ask, "Are you okay?" Knowing that this is probably affecting me as well as Chae. I simply nod back at her, sighing before looking out of the window again.

"We're here," Jennie pulls into the hospital car park. "And I didn't need any directions," she mutters under her breath, pushing open the car door. I look at Jisoo as she rolls her eyes and opens her door. The younger of the two walks to my door and pulls it open. "Do you want to wake her or carry her?" She asks delicately. 

"We should probably try and wake her," I reply, not looking at her but continuing to look at the peacefully sleeping girl on my lap. I caress her waist with my thumb one last time before saying softly, "Rosie, sweetie, wake up," I shake her a little, not wanting to frighten her. I hear her mumble something and stir a bit in her sleep. "Rosie, we're at the hospital," I give her shoulder a squeeze. She groans and moves around a little.