"Like it was being... controlled." You both said the last word at the same time realisation dawned on his face. "Do you think Baehyun did this?"

He was finally starting to see what was going on. That it wasn't your fault, that this was Baehyun's plan the whole time. There was a loud clanking noise and Jungkook suddenly fell to the floor with a thump.

When he fell you saw a Changer standing behind him, this one was a female. She was wearing an old dress that was in rags and you could still see the glimpse of humanity in her face.

A Changer was someone who was very recently bitten, they were the first stage in becoming a Biter. They were half Biter, half-human and were a lot more clever than full Biter's because their brain hadn't rotted away yet.

It was the first stage of turning, it came into action after days of being bitten and lasted about three weeks depending on the person. The second stage was a Biter, they tended to be the slowest and stupidest of the lot, and this phase lasted about a year. The third and final stage was Hell Raiser or Raiser for short. They were the ones who'd been infected for years they were big, strong and merciless with no memory or thought of what they were doing.

This specific Changer had found a metal pole and knocked Jungkook out with it.

"Fuck sake," you groaned looking at her smirking creepily.

"You're next," she said in a croaky voice that made a shiver go down your spine.

"Not today," you muttered walking towards her.

She tried to swing at you but you ducked, you pulled the dinner knife out from your pocket and shoved it into her skull. She screamed loudly then fell to the floor next to Jungkook.

More screams came out of the forest from all directions, you picked up Jungkook's gun and held it close to your body. You remembered the abandoned car and saw, you'd be able to hide inside until morning.

You started towards it quickly then remembered the knocked out Jungkook on the floor behind you. Sighing, you ignored him shaking your head and kept walking. Then a guilty pulling feeling made you sighed even louder and stop again. Slinging the gun over your shoulder and went back to him.

"Fuck sake, I'm going to regret this," you muttered grabbing one of his arms and beginning to drag him across the road to the car as fast as you could.

You felt more and more panicked as the screams of Biters and Changers got louder and louder, until it sounded like they were all around you. Your arms were aching and your back was sore but you refused to give up. You were so close to the car, the car that would hopefully, save the both of you.

Not that the idiot deserved it right now.

"You're so heavy," you muttered giving him a final tug and dropping his arm by the car with a soft thumping noise. It was a lot smaller close-up and you weren't sure how you were going to hide the both of you in it. You'd be very squished in.

The screams were even closer this time and you jumped. You opened the door and slid the gun along the back seat then you climbed in yourself and attempted to drag Jungkook inside.

You finally slammed the door shut just as you saw Biters start to emerge through the trees. Some stopped and started eating the recently killed Changer and others started to make their way towards you.

You lay Jungkook down face first in case he started moving. His legs were cramped up at a strange angle and he wouldn't be able to feel them when he woke up. You tried your best to hide in the footwell of the back seat behind the drivers side.

Shadowy figures started to make their way past the windows. You were shaking with fear and the only thing you could do was close your eyes, hold tight to the gun and hope they went past without seeing you. Their whining, moaning and screaming were the worst part because it gave you a clue to where they were. If they were completely silent it'd be great, you might even be able to get some sleep this noise would keep you up all night.

One particularly loud Changer screamed loudly and you bit your lip in an attempt not to shout out. You felt a tear roll down your cheek. You'd never been this scared in all your life. You glanced over at the unconscious Jungkook who had no idea what was going on around him.

Another moan, another scream and what sounded like a Biter falling over the front of the car and rolling down the bonnet. This was going to be a long and uncomfortable night.

You know it's weird to think 2020 is so close. Time is a strange thing is it not. Anyway, I hope y'all have a good end to 2019 and start to 2020.

- update it's 2nd November 2020 right now and I'm ready for 2021, let's skip the rest thanks

Lotta love
AFG