Chapter nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN

"You're being idiotic! She wouldn't lie to me all this time!" Sherlock yelled

"She wasn't lying. She just wasn't telling you the whole story." Jim was getting annoyed, why wouldn't Sherlock just accept it. "Ask her yourself."

"She won't let me get that far." As soon as he stopped the door slammed open.

"I can't believe you!" Annabeth stomped in not even acknowledging Sherlock. "You could of told me this is what you were planing!" She walked straight up to Jim.

"I knew you wouldn't of let me!"

"Then you shouldn't of done it." She was mad but, not as mad as she had been.

"Annabeth Rachel Elizabeth Holmes." Sherlock made each syllable come out slow, like a parent yelling at their child.

"Yes?" All the anger had left her voice, now she sounded like the child Sherlock was treating her as.

"Would you like to explain to me what is going on here?" He sounded calm, which was almost worse.

"We're talking."

"More detail." He walked towards her and she walked back. Jim grabbed her hand calming her down.

"I'm here, you're here, and... Jim's... here." Jim knew better than to talk now. "Sherlock, let's talk about this."

"Let's!"

"I am dating him yes, but what can you do about it?" She was getting frantic both men could hear it in her voice. She put her hands up in a questioning motion.

"You're still lying to me even now!" Sherlock yelled. Her ring glinted in the light.

"Jim could you give us a moment?" She didn't even look at him as he kissed her on the head, just to annoy Sherlock, and walked out the door.

"Catch you... Later!" He laughed pushing the door open and walking out.

CHAPTER TWENTY

"Look you have to believe me, when I fell in love with him I didn't know what he was, what he did!" They had been talking for almost thirty minutes.

"But when you found out you didn't tell anyone!"

"Oh gosh don't make me say it Sherlock I know you hate talking about it!" He crossed his arms.

"Yes I said I would marry him! And no I didn't tell anyone who he was because I loved him!" Sherlock flinched, she was right, he hated thinking about his little sister like that.

"You didn't think about what he did to me. To England!"

"In two years what has he done?" She asked

"Well... nothing, but-"

"Exactly!" She cut him off "he haven't threatened anyone since I've started dating him. He still does what he does, just not as... large scale." She bit her lip, smiling just thinking about him.

"So that's supposed to change my mind. The power of love," he said mockingly "can change a person. Not him!" He was yelling now "Not Jim Morarity! He will always be what he his! A lying, cheating, clever, criminal mastermind!"

"So just like you!" Annabeth yelled. "If you had taken one wrong turn you could of been his best friend and not John's!" She breathed out calming herself down. "Sherlock you know how hard it was for us in school. We've done better than we ever thought possible. You have friends, a lot. And their good, they love you! Mycroft has his dream job. And I'm... I'm getting married! You know better than anyone we always said we'd only have each other, and now we have others, and I'm not sure you can handle that, but come on Sherlock can't you just let me have this one thing?" Sherlock was stunned. She had grown so much in the two years they'd been apart. He didn't even say a word, he just walked up to her and hugged her she was more than a food shorter than him, but he didn't care.

"I love you Annabeth, don't ever think I don't." He was almost crying. Almost.

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Annabeth and Jim had gone home. Sherlock had left, but hadn't gone back to Baker Street. He sat in Molly's lab, bouncing a ball agents one of the lab tables as he sat, back to another one. It was 3:00 in the morning and Sherlock had been there about six hours, trying to rap his head around all that had happened.

"Sherlock it's three in the morning where are you?" Sherlock looked at his the noise coming from his hand. He had phoned John mindlessly.

"Oh John yes, I'm fine. You talked to Annabeth yesterday, correct?" There was rustling on the other side of the phone.

"Um ya she was acting really weird, she even yelled at Mycroft because... Oh my gosh Sherlock you saw Moriarity! Look where are you I'm getting in a taxi?" Sherlock sighed

"Barts." He hung up the phone and chucked the ball across the room. It broke something. Annabeth and Moriarity. His little sister and the napoleon of crime. And now their getting married. He couldn't allow it, he wouldn't! But... Could he risk it. He just got her back. Sherlock lifted up his sleeve to revel 4 nicotine patches.

"Sherlock what's going on is everything okay?" John burst in, his hair disheveled from sleep.

"Yes yes no ones hurt." Sherlock got up and walked around the lab table.

"Jesus Sherlock then why am I here and not sleeping?" He yawned covering his mouth and arching his back.

"Moriarity wasn't threatening Annabeth." Sherlock said it slowly as if to make sure it was still true. "The note literally meant... that he would... see... her... later."

"Well why would he be seeing your sister unless- ohh." John started walking toward Sherlock, but stopped and leaned on a table when he realized. "Well maybe it was just a one time thing. Does she know what he is?"

"Yes... And she's been dating the same man for two years you really think she would have a one night stand? She's never even done it." Now at that John seemed shocked

"How would you know?"

"Oh please that she would have told me."

"So you think Annabeth is dating Jim Moriarity? You're insane Sherlock!" John laughed

"No I'm not insane they confessed! And they want to get married!" He slammed his hand down on the table landing on a glass tray and braking it.

"Shit Sherlock!" John walked over and started to work on Sherlock's glass filled hand. "Look we'll talk to Mycroft and Annabeth in the morning. I'm sure we can settle things out."