The girl Ivar Loves (Part One)

"Let us talk of something else." Ivar grumbled as his brother's talked about their times with Magerethe.

"Very well. When are you going to let us have your little friend?" Ubbe asked. Hvitserk and Sigurd glanced at Ivar with curiosity but Ubbe was quite serious. Ivar stared at Ubbe for a moment and the brothers all sensed the tension that built up whenever someone mention their desire for Ivar's precious friend.

"Go ahead, fuck her. I do not care." Ivar said quickly. Ubbe gave Ivar a look. He hated it. It was the look of an older brother who understood so much more than his younger siblings. That look made Ivar want to stab him, but he always restrained himself, something he complimented himself on because the desire grew each time your name fell from his brother's mouth.

"No one told me we could have her!" Hvitserk complained through a mouthful. Ivar glared at the ground as his brothers began to bicker about you.

"I do not understand why you want her. She is irritating. She sings and cleans and sews your clothes. She sits beside you and hums with her head on your shoulder." Ivar said as if you'd greatly offended him.

"Is she good at singing?" Sigurd asked with a wistful tone that made Ivar's shoulders role as he tried to contain his irritation.

"I do not know." Ivar huffed and decided to down his drink to avoid talking to them any longer.

Having had enough of his brother's Ivar dragged himself away and set his mind to finding Floki. He paused and pulled himself up onto a large rock that sat at the crossroads of the town after being told Floki was at the market and someone would let him know that Ivar was waiting for him.

"Ivar!" You gushed as you spotted him and dashed over, climbing the rock and leaning your chin on his shoulder.

"You do not have to speak to me every time you see me." Ivar grumbled as he huffed and kept looking for Floki.

"Hvitserk says that is rude!" You hummed out playfully and waved at a few people who passed by. They waved back at you, then saw Ivar scowling at them and rushed off.

"Hvitserk is offended every time he drops his spoon and you don't crawl under the table to... OW!" Ivar turned, ready to argue with who ever had slapped the back of his head.

"(Y/N), how are your parents?" Aslaug asked with a slight smile. She always found your presence amusing, you could never place why, but she and Floki seemed to act as if they had a bet between them. A theory that had rooted from snippets of conversations between them that you, Sigurd and Hvitserk had gathered.

"Oh, they are well. They plan to go reading this summer." You said cheerfully. Ivar glared at you as you smiled. You smiled to much, Ivar had decided long ago, no one should ever have a need to be as ever cheerful as you.

"Good. We will be making a sacrifice to the gods before the raid so be sure to bring them?" She asked but her eyes told you they should be there. She smiled when you nodded, kissing Ivar's forehead before floating off gracefully towards the main hall.

"Loki is at work. Ivar is not being mean." Floki said, making you both jump, which roused a giggle from the old man.

"Floki! Oh... here!" You rushed down the rock, using Ivar's arm to guide yourself down, which he wrenched away as soon as you were safely on the ground.

"(Y/N) you cannot carry all that." Floki said and shook his head when you ignored him, running ahead to his cabin before you dropped anything.