•Finally safe•

Sebastian.

I limped to the window for the twentieth time and still there was no sign of life lurking around. The bushes were as calm as a sleeping day old baby.

My left leg was useless as the joint had been splintered during my mission and my knee cap was jutting out in an odd angle.

My plan had worked out just fine and the police would get that son of a bitch, Gozalez in no time.

No one messed with my woman.

I flinch a little and frowned at the broken leg. It was the reason why I was cooped up in here and unable to move. I'll die in no time if I get out in the open in this condition.

Looking around the small cottage that had served as a safe house for several years, I realised that no one would find me because they wouldn't be able to find my safe which contained my precise location.

It was going to be a long night.

I moved to the low bed and lay down warily, my absence would have been known by now because I was due to have returned two days ago, today made it the sixth day.
Poor Amara would be so so upset with me if she knew what I had done.

I closed my eyes and began to drift off, when bright light flashed into the room. I sprang up in alert, totally forgetting my bad leg.

The intense pain got me grabbing the nearest table for support.

"Shit!" I cussed lowly, still unsure of the intruders outside my safe house.

Limping to the window I took a quick peek, but I couldn't make out any vehicles, what was going on here?

Sighting the back door not too far from my reach, I moved towards it but the door came open and the last face I was expecting to see pooped up before me.
Smiling.

Behind her, Rosa came in and I had never felt relief this much to find out that they were both okay. These two meant the world to me.

"Look who we found Rosa." Amara said slowly as the smile left her lips.

I watched stunned as Amara moved close to me and her palm connected with my flesh.

"What were you thinking? Coming out on your own!"

"Amara I di--"

"No stop! You could have died, did you think I would ever forgive myself if I had lost you?"

"I am sorry. I just had to do this alone for it to be a perfect job." I said as I moved over to the bed.

"What happened to your leg?" Rosa asked for the first time.

"I fell hard and broke it, but it's nothing serious."

"Really?" She asked sarcastically. "It looks pretty messed up."

"Now this is what perfection means to you Sebastian? A broken leg in the middle of no where!" Amara quipped.

I beckoned to her and she moved and sat beside me. "I am not sorry I did what I did, but I am sorry that I didn't tell you about it first."

She nodded and kissed me hard on my lips. It felt heavenly and I remembered the first time we kissed in the private room.

"I forgive you, Silly. Promise me you won't do a stunt like this again."

"I will, once you tell me how you found me." I said while toying with her hair.

Amara laughed a healthy rich sound and Rosa joined in soon, I watched both ladies and the joy that radiated from within them made me realise deep down that I was finally safe.

I was done running.

________Thanks for reading, please vote👍 and leave a comment. Thanks ✌_______✏