Law can feel his stomach and chest float and his heartbeat quicken as your voice plays melodies in his ears. He's suddenly aware of how he's walking" his back is slightly hunched, and he keeps his hands in his pockets. He's been keeping his strides shorter than usual so you can keep up. It feels odd, and he can't shake the feeling. Yet at the same time, he feels completely comfortable around you.

In attempt to avoid the sensations, he averts his concentration to the scene ahead of him rather than to the side of him. As you continue your rambling, he can't help but smile, and out of the corner of his eye, he sees you making exaggerated gestures related to your words.

Feeling like you're talking to yourself, you look up at the dark haired boy. Your face feels heated at the subtle smile planted on his features, and you realise just how attractive he is and the perfection of every element. Your voice fades away, losing track of what you were saying, finding yourself lost in inspecting things you never noticed about Law. A strange feeling arises in you, your heart beating so heavily you can feel it throughout your body.

"Issue?" he asks, cocking an eyebrow.

"Ah, no. Nothing at all," your reply comes, a little too fast. "Uhm, anyway," you stutter, searching desperately for some kind of exit to the unusual and reasonless embarrassment. Thankfully, you don't have to, as Law does so himself.

"We were only gone a day, but do you think we missed anything important?" he asks.

You hum. "I dunno, probably not too much if anything," you reply. "It's only the fourth day of school anyway, and things are just kinda getting started."

He nods in agreement. "It's odd we have almost every class together," he notices, thinking through classes and the school day.

"Oh yeah. Except I have art after math class with Mr. Marco," you point out.

"I've got Physical Education with Coach Smoker," he sighs. "It's hell."

You blink a few times. "You still have to do P.E.?"

"I messed up my legs freshman through sophomore year, so I couldn't get any credit that year. I was going to do Sports Medicine, but they removed the class that year. And last year, I only took one semester, so this year will be my last."

"What happened?" you question curiously.

His mouth grows dry and he has to take a moment before answering. "I broke both my ankles, a shin, my knee was shifted out of place, and I broke a femur. I messed up my hip, too. I'm fine now, but it took two years to fix."

You don't have to ask nor do you want to hear the answer from his lips, and you stray from the subject, pointing out the two of you almost passed the school, getting caught up in the conversation.

The school day isn't all that bad for Law, just like you'd stated. During each class, you sit next to Law and talk quietly or pass notes when the teacher's back was turned.

The only disturbance is a familiar one. In math, Law ends up by Kid and Killer due to your decision of where to sit. A mini reenactment of yesterday plays out between him and Kid, though it ends when Law starts ignoring Kid entirely, releasing some bickering, and Killer kept Kid in check for the most part.

After school, Law is volunteering at a hospital, and you can't join him, much to your dismay. Rather than with Law, you stick with Kid for the day. Apparently, he needs to talk to you, and he takes you to hang out at his apartment in his truck.

"We'd better be glad the shitty bastard of a dad isn't here anymore. God, he was dick," he states with a snort. "The old bitch is probably at the bar getting drunk off her ass."