Chapter 18 - Leonidas

I was an Alpha, but first and foremost a man. The sight of her pale, smooth skin had sent my wolf into a frenzy and left me helpless to her.

Mate. Mate. Mate!

My brain was in overdrive, debating which meant more to me: my pack or my mate. I began to lean forward, wanting more of her scent, when she began to back away as well. After a few seconds she leaned forward and I continued my journey closer to her body.

What was happening?

As my nose touched her shoulder and I breathed in, I gazed down upon her body with satisfaction. My wolf and I had only ever seen a nude woman when my father sent his nightlies away. Though it had made my mother slightly unhappy, I still strived to be the Alpha and mate my father had been.

Seeing some of those women without clothing had nothing on the girl. Goddess, she was a beautiful women. I decided right then that she would be staying in my room, like this, for the rest of our lives. No one else would see her like this.

I stood, pushing my chair slightly backwards, and held out a hand to help her off the desk. My wolf began to whine as he took in the look of fear on her face at having to expose herself. The girl decided to obey her Alpha and took my hand, letting the other fall as well to help herself stand on shaky legs. Goddess.

As I led her to the door, feeling her shaking hand in mine, I realized that once we left this room the pack would be able to see her like this. Only I was allowed to see her like this.

My wolf agreed with me, so I stripped myself of my shirt and held it in front of her for her to take. She glanced up into my eyes, as if asking permission, and slipped it over her head when she received a simple nod.

Once again, without asking this time, she slipped her hand into mine and allowed me to lead her towards my bedroom. We passed several pack members on the way, all bowing before staring at us in shock.

On instinct I growled and pulled the girl closer when I felt lustful stares from males around us. I didn't like this feeling.

Neither of us made a sound when we reached my room and entered. I turned to shut the door behind us, stopping mid-stride when she refused to let my hand go. When I turned to face her, a small growl escaping me, she let got and folded her arms in front of her nervously, all while looking down in submission.

"I am sorry, Alpha." Her soft voice and the sight of her in a shirt of mine sent waves of a strange feeling down to my groin. Jesus.

"It's fine. Sit on the bed while I go get Ana." Immediately she followed my command, and once again her eyes never left the ground. I could feel my wolf growling at me.

Mate. Not. Submit.

I growled again, slamming the door behind me. I was distracted! I should be protecting and working for the pack, not worrying about some small girl who shifts into a wolf that can fit in the palm of my hand.

"Ana! Kitchen! Now!" I yelled as I stepped into the kitchen. Without orders, the staff scurried from the kitchen, gazes down, and left the house. A few seconds later Ana jogged in, out of breath and hair in a mess on top of her head.

"Yes, Leo?" I cursed under my breath when she didn't address me by my title, and she rolled her eyes in response. "You were the one that just interrupted something, Alpha, so just tell me what you want?"

It was then I realized her clothing was not decent at all. Like the girl upstairs, she was only wearing a t-shirt, one I presumed to be Jackson's. I grimaced in disgust and chose to ignore what I had interrupted her from.

"The girl shifted back, she's upstairs in my room." Her eyes widened and she turned to run up the stairs when I yelled at her. "Don't touch anything!"

When I calmly followed her just a few seconds later, Ana was hugging the girl as she cried silently. What happened? I hadn't done anything to the girl! Ana rubbed her back, trying to quiet her and get her to stand. She glared at me.

Eleanor's head shot up, and I watched her sniff the air before widening her eyes and bowing her head. Before I could growl, Ana reached over and lifted her head up. I could tell the girl was resisting, so I stepped forward and pushed Ana's hand away to replace it with my own.

Immediately she froze and let me lift her head up, but continued to focus her eyes anywhere but me. My wolf groaned then whimpered. Becoming restless. I ripped my hand away from her.

"Ana you need to find her some clothes, then find her something to do. Whatever she is doing, she is to leave at noon and make two lunches. She is to then deliver them to my office, I will make sure she eats because she is clearly underweight, and then she may go back to her job. Is that understood?" Ana rolled her eyes and glared at me, but I calmed down a bit when the girl nodded.

"Good," I said, and quickly left the room. "Leo! Wait!" My growl resonated throughout the entire house, but it didn't faze Ana as she sped towards me. I began to walk quicker.

I turned to face her, and she had to stop herself before she ran into me. Her face was getting redder and redder, a sign that she was about to scream at me. I stopped her before she could.

"I am your Alpha, you will respect me, or I will send the girl that you care so much about to another pack." She releases a sharp gasp, as if she was offended I had even mentioned sending the girl away, before slumping to her knees.

She kept her head down in submission, kneeling in front of me with her hands clenched into a fist.

"I just ask that you respect her, Alpha," she said quietly, and from the tone of her voice, it seemed as if she was close to tears. I sighed, because I knew Jackson would come racing around the corner once he'd sensed his mate was upset.

"I respect everyone, Ana, but I respect my pack more. I owe it to them to respect them and keep them safe and happy. I can't do that with a mate." I kept my voice neutral, and was hoping that she would end the conversation there.

"Your mate will make you so much stronger, and the pack stronger as well. They deserve a Luna!" Her voice was growing loud and she was full-on-crying now. I waited a few seconds, and sure enough, Jackson came barreling around the corner.

"What the hell is going on?" His face showed concern and anger, and he jogged to Ana before picking her up and looking for injuries.

"You sick bastard, you made her kneel? What is this? You're not royalty!" He was screaming now and I let him push Ana behind him before I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. I simply picked him up and set him to the side before turning back to Ana.

"We were having a conversation, brother. Leave us," I commanded. Ana sent a glare his way, silencing whatever was about to come out of his mouth.

He growled lowly, but it was overshadowed by mine; it was a signal to obey the Alpha. A few seconds later he was walking away, but I could sense he hadn't gone very far. We would finish this conversation quickly.

"I know what this pack deserves, Ana, I'm the damn Alpha," I said, turning to face the girl that seemed to be shrinking into herself.

"So there's no part of you that cares for her? You don't wonder what she would have been like had she not been in this pack? You don't wonder what your pups will look like?" One question turned into three, and I began to feel myself getting dizzy. Pups?

"I will not have pups, Ana. Why would I bring a pup into this world?" This conversation was getting too deep. I had to get out of there, quick, so I began to walk away.

"You're the one that has the power to change this world! You are the Alpha of this pack, you are powerful, and you can change!"

I muttered a curse as I walked away from her. She didn't know what she was talking about. As soon as I had exited the room Jackson rushed in to check on his mate.

My wolf begin to whine and try to take control. I fought him.

Change was unnecessary. Nothing would change.