18. Because Angels Exist.

The two maknaes sat in the a dark cell, their heads Perking up at the sound of heels approaching them.

A jingle of keys, and a metal clang of a cell door later the officer motions them to come out.

"You're free to go ladies." He says.

Both Chaeyoung and Lisa kept their heads low, avoiding eye contact with a stoic Sandara ahead of them.

They follow her silently out of the police station to the parking lot, hearts thumping in nervousness.

"Are you two okay?"

Their heads pop in surprise hearing a soft voice.

"W-what?" Lisa stutters in disbelief. She was sure her mother would've dug her up a grave right now.

Sandara cups her cheek with a smile. "You were just detained. I'm asking if you're okay sweetie."

"Oh y-yeah I'm okay." Lisa nods.

"How about you honey?" She looks at Chaeyoung with a motherly grin.

"I'm okay." Chaeyoung gives her a nod.

"You're not gonna yell or scold us? You're not mad?" Lisa asks.

"No sweetie I'm not. I'm just glad you two are okay. I'm sure the officers frightened you enough." She chuckles softly as she walks towards the driver side of the car. "Besides it's not me you should be scared of. If anything you should be scared of your sister waiting for you at home."

Lisa's eyes widen and she swallows thickly in fear.

Maybe she should just spend the night here.

•••

"Arrested...for having sex in public..."

There's a moment of silence. The two of them standing in front of a very very angry Irene.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?! SEX IN PUBLIC! ARRESTED?! YOU COULDNT JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU GOT HOME! DO YOU KNOW HOW UNSAFE AND UNSANITARY THAT IS!? WHAT IF SOMEONE TAPED YOU AND PUT YOU ON PORNHUB?! DO YOU WANNA BE A KARDASHIAN HUH?! (Tea.) BAD LISA! BAD CHIPMUNK! YOU KNOW WHAT?! YOU ARE BOTH GROUNDED!" She points to their bedroom.

Lisa rolls her eyes because her older sister really was like another mother.

"Okay granny, I think that's enough scolding for now." Sandara pulls her away.

"But mom~" Irene whines.

"Joohyun ah, don't be a hypocrite. They weren't actually having sex, the officer just assumed. You were in a very similar situation once upon a time." Sandara says quietly in her own warning tone.

A hot pink heat rises up her cheeks, luckily Chaeyoung and Lisa didn't hear.

"Girls. Go on up to your room." Sandara says.

"Are we really grounded?" Lisa grumbles.

"Yes." Irene answers.

"Eomma~" Lisa whines lightly stomping her foot like a toddler.

"Yes you're grounded Lisa and so is Chae." Sandara says, knowing Irene would throw a fit. Lisa and Chaeyoung would be locked in a room together anyways. Probably more of a reward than a punishment.

"Aish fine. Come on Chae." Lisa says taking her hand, leading her upstairs.

•••

Once the door is closed to the bedroom, Lisa starts laughing. Leaning back against the door.