13. Because She's My Hero.

It's three am when Lisa opens the front door. Immediately opening her arms to Chaeyoung.

"Come here baby," She motions.

There's no hesitation. She hides in the warm embrace letting her tears flow down her cheeks.

"It's okay. You're okay. I got you." Lisa whispers.

Closing the door, she carries Chaeyoung up to her bedroom, lying her down on the medium sized bed. Her girlfriend was only in a tshirt, and tonight was cooler than usual.

Grabbing a hoodie from her closet she slips it over Chaeyoung's body before joining her in bed.

Chaeyoung clings to her warmth, small sobs still shaking her every so often. She rubbed her back, pressing soft kisses on the top of her head. Soon her breaths were evening out and she was falling asleep.

Lisa stroked her thumb along her bruised cheek, frowning at the sight. "Who hurt you baby?" She whispers.

She wasn't able to protect Chaeyoung from whatever monster caused this, and her heart aches. From now on she would. She'll protect Chaeyoung even if it kills her.

•••

When Lisa wakes up she's alone in bed. Looking around the room, Chaeyoung is no where in sight. Sitting up abruptly she sees a tiny paper plane on the pillow next to hers.

Opening it up there's only two words.

'Thank you.'

Getting out of bed quickly, she tosses on some suitable clothing before running down the stairs.

"Honey! Where are you going?!" Sandara says loudly seeing Lisa run passed the kitchen with half her head through her hoodie.

"Gotta go! Emergency!" Lisa shouts while slipping on her shoes.

"But what about—" she's cut off when Lisa closes the door. "Breakfast...Jesus I've never seen her run so fast."

•••

Driving just above the speed limit she reaches her destination in no time. It's the only place she can think of as to where Chaeyoung May be.

"There's nothing I love more than the ocean."

She abandons her shoes in the car, before jogging along the shoreline to search for the girl. It's kinda calming in a way. It's still early morning. The sun was just above the horizon. A cool ocean breeze. Only the sound of seagulls and waves filling her ears. The sand cool on her feet.

For a moment the panic in her heart settles. No wonder Chaeyoung loved the ocean.

After 45 minutes of jogging along the shoreline with no Chaeyoung in sight, she finally slows down to come to a stop.

Breathing heavily, she takes a break to look at the sea. Hoping that Chaeyoung was okay wherever she was.

"Park Chaeyoung!" She shouts at the top of her lungs, cupping her hands around her mouth. "I'll protect you! Wherever you are I'll protect you!"

Laying down on the sand in exhaustion she tries to catch her breath. Letting the baby blue sky lull her to calmness. After a few minutes her breaths turned to normal. The lids of her eyes falling closed.

•••

"Pabo. Falling asleep on the beach like a madwoman. Could've been kidnaped or even taken by the ocean..." A quiet voice mutters above her.

Slowly opening her eyes a crack, she can see Chaeyoung through her lashes. Wrapped in Lisa's black hoodie, bruise still on her cheek.

She's mumbling to herself, cleaning the sand out of Lisa's hair. Her eyes still slightly irritated from crying.