- IT WON'T BE LONG. -

- Maybe he can leave you some notes ...- Mr. Bowie said calling my attention again.

I nodded still looking in that photo.

- Have you recognized him already? - He said funny for my lack of answers.

I turned around and nodded, looking at him pretending that my shock was not so obvious

Poor ... Poor boy.

Poor me.

Shit and now I had to talk to him.

I just knew that especially I had to make sure of one thing.

None of the boys could know that boy hair of mush-... Well that May! In short, they could not know that he and I had any kind of connection, neither for work nor for anything.

For my protection and for his.

The boys are very very insistent and he ... He is the easy prey.

And what Bowie said ... I hope it could be possible.

I was walking down the corridor ... The luck was that none of the boys was around ...

But I felt so alone without them ... I was even feeling helpless.

And how do you avoid ...? Walking safely and bad face through the corridors.

I searched everywhere on that playground that I played only the first week of classes four years ago.

Basketball courts, groups of geeks who stayed inside the institute like good kids.

"Do not judge if you do not want to be judged" - I repeated myself in my head while walking with firm steps.

And I spotted that boy.

Impressively he seemed to stand out.

That hair was identifier ...

He was talking with a two young children and a more or less normal boy next door.

They were all in a conversation observing the playground.

I walked towards them and took a sigh.

In a relaxed way or rather angry with the situation.

It bothered me so much to have to do these things.

I watched each one's face. It was a total joke.

The youngest had the face of a dead man and that expression of terror in his eyes. He next door smiled like an idiot ... He looked like a girl and had blond hair.

I thought he was a girl with short hair before approaching me.

The other wanted to seem to flee from there pressed his lips looking away.

They looked so ... Like good kids ...

Not like the Teddy Boys in uniforms ...

Totally different.

And there it was ...

I looked with a frown and with each step I took he looked away and looked nervous again.

Their faces went pale and their eyes opened when I stood in front of that skinny and trembling giraffe.

I could see how they judged me with their looks.

Each by his side while that boy looked at me.

- Are you May? - I said resting my hand on my hip while looking at his eyes that gave a thousand laps

He seemed to think whether to respond with serious expression.

- He is.- Said the blond boy on his side as tall as me but with the face of a 10-year-old boy.

There was a silence. I crossed my arms and let out a sigh.

- Bowie has put us together in the project.- I said trying not to feel angry about those stares fixed on me and sounding a little threatening.

- Yes ...- He said sounding almost sad.- What is your surname ? To write it .... - He said intimidating looking at me with vulnerability.

I looked at him overwhelmed and I denied exaggeratedly.

I could not let him do it alone. Definitely this was an excuse for him to pass me his notes.

I don't care so much about the project, I just want those notes.

- Who told you to do it yourself? - I said sounding incredibly lout .

But I really was so angry with the stereotypes that for me to go with the boys make me as lazy as them.

Damn it was just a subject!

He looked at me confused by my comment and denied looking at the floor.

It seemed so strange that such a tall boy felt intimidated by someone of my height.

I looked around for a teacher somewhere.

None in sight.

I lowered my hand to my high sock and pulled out a pack of cigarettes with a lighter.

I lit one without looking at them and I took a puff to later relax it between my fingers.

All eyes were on me.

- I'll tell you my address and you'll come to my house at four o'clock. - I said sounding like a bossy girl giving it another puff and leaving it in my mouth.- Wood, number 5... It has a flamingo in the front garden.

I said that incredibly serious, it even sounded funny.

I took a drag and looked at him with my eyes half closed by the sun waiting for an answer.

I looked at the guys around who blinked exaggeratedly and I looked at the boy again.

That damn blond brat was undressing me with his eyes.

With those blue eyes he reminded me of the stupid Ringo.

- Okay...? - He said confused.

- At four o'clock. - I said seriously.

He nodded again and I just turned around and left.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"It won't be long yeah, yeah, yeah
It won't be long yeah, yeah, yeah"

PANSY HARDY