Twenty

I stood silently in front of the largest window in my flat, letting out an exasperated sigh. Sylvia was late. Again.

I turned around and stared around the room I was in. I guess I had some time to waste. I turned on the telly and flopped on the couch. It went on the news station by default. Useless junk, as usual. I had caught the end of one headline and another came up.

"Beatles to return to London after US tour in a week?" I exclaimed out loud, reading the words as they flashed past. It's been five years... I'll finally be able to see them all. Not even a month after John left with the rest of that lot for Hamburg Mimi literally kicked me out.

I had picked up a job in the bookstore easily, being a regular customer. I had taken night shifts purposely, so once the doors closed I could stay behind and have somewhere to sleep.

After raising enough money I was able to buy something besides food. Art supplies. I purchased what I needed and began, making my greatest piece to this day in under three weeks. It was small but powerful, and sold for £30,000 somehow. I had trained myself for a month to lose my fear of vehicles and finally boarded a plane to London, bringing my art with me. Another piece sold, two months of work, for almost four times the original one sold. It kept going like this until I was well known, and owned a large flat in one of the nicest buildings in London.

Sylvia turned out to have been an actress and rented the flat directly next to mine. I still can't bring myself to owning a car or that sort so Sylvia drives me wherever. But she's late. And I have to get to a conference.

I rested my head against the back of the couch and stared at the ceiling.

I could finally see Johnny and George and Paul again after all these years. I brushed a bit of my hair out of my face and held it up. If they recognize me. When they had gone I still had quite a bit of the dye left in. Now it's all gone.

I hurried into my room quickly and circled the spot on my calendar that was exactly a week from now and smiled.

I would see them, they recognize me or not.

Walking back out into the main room I grabbed a book from my shelf, nearly tripping over a propped up canvas that I left out to dry. I chuckled at the paperback. It was a book full of guesses on what the 2010's would be like- I suppose I just found all the outrageous assumptions hilarious. Floating cars, teleporters , time machines, all that sort. I sat back down on my couch, the telly still on, opening my book.

There was a slamming on my door.

"Finally!" I exclaimed, dropping my book opening up the door and following Sylvia back down to her car.

The day had come. I exhaled deeply and slid into the outside of the crowd. There were too many people and it unsettled me.

"Fuck this!" I quietly cursed and proceeded to shove through it, collecting glares and scratches. I felt the chain link fence separating us, the crowd, from the runway.

After about fifteen minutes a plane touched down and it took a little bit for the four of them to walk out. Right before they did, Sylvia shoved up beside me.

"I can't believe you made me tale you here!" She yelled over all the screams. I rolled my eyes and gave her a sly grin.

"What, you don't like the Beatles?"

"No, no! I love them!" She defended herself. "I just don't like pushing through all these people."

I shrugged and turned back to the fence and waited. The screaming became louder. They finally walked out, waving.