Fourteen

"Happy birthday!" Mary cried as John walked into Mimi's house, specifically the 'parlour.' John jumped in surprise and I batted a balloon at him.

"Wh-what?" he stuttered, looking around.

"It's your sixteenth birthday, stupid!" I exclaimed. Mary shot me an ice-cold glare. John grinned at me and spiked a balloon back at me. I dodged and crawled behind one of the chairs.

"Now don't ruin the furniture just because it's your birthday." Mimi warned as John flopped onto the chair I was behind. John sat up suddenly.

"Oh, hey, Mimi, Eric's holding a party for me tonight."

Mimi shrugged. "Oh, alright John. Dress well. It's your party. Don't want to be dressed like a chimney cleaner."

John shrugged and got up. "Any sweets?" Mary shook her head sadly. "Roxanne tried helping and they all turned out burnt and too salty."

John looked sad, but he slowly suggested. "I could still eat them. It'd be rude not to. Roxanne made them, after all."

Mimi and Mary burst out laughing and I smirked at John.

"Huh? Do I have something on me?" He pulled at his shirt, looking for invisible stains.

"No, the sweets are fine." Mimi reassured him. "And not even like they'd help me bake them all." I added in. John glanced at me.

"I just thought you'd put extra.." He trailed off.

Mimi had gone into the kitchen by then. She came back with a plate full of sweets and set them on the table. They were all fancied up, too. John rushed over to the platter and snatched up a few pastries and motioned me to come over to him, since both Mimi and Mary had went back into the kitchen to bring more sweets over to where the other portion was.

"Do you want to come to the party with me?" He asked before taking a bite of one of the pastries he had taken.

"I'm not much of a partier." I muttered.

"Have you even been to one?"

"No."

"Then you're going. They're tons of fun. Especially Eric's parties."

"I'm despise fun."

"Excuses excuses, LaCoupe." He teased.

I rolled my eyes as Mary came back in balancing two servings of the sweets on her arms.

"Are you two having fun?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yes." John said quickly.

Mary raised her eyebrow as she set down the two plates. "If you say so."

We were at Mimi's for a another few hours until John decided it was finally time to leave for the Griffiths kid's party.

"I'm getting changed," he glanced over at Mimi as he said this. "And then we're heading to your house to you can." John sprinted up the stairs and I sat down on the chair.

"I'll find a way out of this." I murmured to myself.

After a few minutes he came back down in what looked like some suit. Almost like a teddyboy suit impersonation. I shrugged and got up, opening the door and going outside and entering my house.

"Wait out here." I told John.

"Ah-ah-ah." He said, slipping under my arm into the house.

"I've caught onto your tricks. You're simply going to lock me out and not go." I glared at him and trudged up the stairs and slowly changed into the nicest thing I had in my bag. Some gloves, fingerless of course, and some cruddy dress I was sent from Gloria a year ago. The gown was a little short, but as I said, it was a gown. So it still reached my knees comfortably. I kicked my bag back under the bed and snuck into Mary's room, snatching a small handbag and stuffing my phone and a few pounds in it. I slid down the stairs hesitantly.