Sixteen

Even though you don't mean to hurt me

You keep tearing me apart

Mercy ~ Shawn Mendes

~~~~~~~~~~~~    

Sabrina has her eyes wide open looking at the ceiling that needs a bit of paint, the condo is not the best in this city but it is something they could afford after leaving the house without knowing what to do for the past few weeks, they have slept at different hotels that are very cheap for them because they needed every money they could have at this moment. Sabrina looks at the door that slowly opens up and she sees her brother wearing his white shirt full with paint on it and the same goes for his pants, he is not someone who is used to do things, they are done for him.

Sabrina laughs and Daniel has a brush in his hand with pastel blue on it dripping on the floor. "Daniel can you please not do that in my room, now my floor is again full with dry paint all because of you." Daniel shrugs his shoulders and places the brush at the stuff in Sabrina her room, her own painting place where she keeps all her stuff. "I need you to get ready, I am not doing this alone all without music so get ready." 

Sabrina takes her clothes she had on yesterday and walks to the little bathroom they had to share, it is really something different but it is better than living a life she needs to pretend in all the time. She puts on her denim shorts with a white shirt tucked inside it. "Daniel can you please clean up your mess in the bathroom when you are ready, I am not going to be your cleaning lady from now on you need to be responsable, no maid around to do it all for you and I am not going to be your maid." Daniel nods his head and starts to paint his room further in the pastel blue, he wanted something natural. 

"Are you fine with doing your room alone while I do my own room?" Sabrina starts to take all her stuff and hears Daniel sigh in the other room knowing he doesn't like to work alone but otherwise it will take an eternity to decorate their whole condo. "Sure but I pick the music because your taste kind of sucks." Sabrina hears Daniel his music playing at the box he brought with him and rolls her eyes, she knows her brother would do that. "Thank you for disrespecting my music taste Daniel, it is lovely living with you, it was a dream since I was a little girl." 

Daniel looks at his sister who is now decorating her room, she looks at everything she has it is not a lot but it is something new for the both of them for Daniel it is worse because he was used to live at his old house that is super big than this condo he lives now and that he needs to share with his sister. "Daniel can you cook or not?" Sabrina now stands in Daniel his room and leans at his door. "I can cook an egg if that is what you want to eat tonight."

Sabrina chuckles and shakes her head. "It is okay I will go to the grocery shop and buy the stuff we need for tonight." Daniel nods his head and Sabrina takes all her stuff to go to the grocery shop. "So are you going to make my favorite food?" Sabrina nods her head while closing the door behind her. "Sure Daniel." Sabrina tries to remembers all the things she needs for it and walks to her car.

Sabrina arrives at the grocery shop and sees everybody looking at her, sure a girl with a shirt full with paint on it is rare but it is not that it never happened here before. Sabrina takes all the stuff she needs and puts it in her cart before she bumped into someone else. "I am sorry." She turns around to look at the mother of James holding her phone at her one ear while her other hand is throwing stuff in her cart. "It is nothing it can happen to anyone." Sabrina smiles and looks behind her and sees James running to her so she goes to his same height and waits for him to come to her.

"Miss Hill?" James stops in front of Sabrina and looks at her confused without giving her a hug. "Yeah it is me little man." James crosses his arms over each other and looks up at his mother who now hangs up her phone. "James you can't put everything you need in our bags, it is sometimes not necessary to have three boxes of the same cornflakes." James shrugs his shoulders and puts it in it anyway. "James say hello to miss Hill before we leave." James waves his little hand at me and places his little hand in his mother her hand and walks away with her, she wished she could do something else now, she wanted to hug that little guy he was always her favorite one. She still has his drawings in one of her boxes.