Nemo

Nemo was a lucky little clown fish. When he was still just an egg, his brothers and sisters were attacked and eaten by a much bigger fish. Sadly to say though, in her fight to protect her babies, Nemo's mother was eaten as well.

       When Nemo was born, one of his fins was defective, due to the attack. It was smaller than the other and made swimming slightly difficult for the little fish. Marlin, his dad, noticed the fin right away and vowed to keep his little boy safe at all costs and he did.

        Finally the day came that Marlin was dreading, the first day of school. He wasn't ready to let Nemo go, he knew the dangers of the ocean. However, he knew this day would come and he tried to be brave, for his son.

      They swam together to the school and Nemo tried to swim off to see his new classmates, but his father held him back, as always. Finally some fish swam up to Nemo and began talking to him. Nemo swam happily with them and waited for their teacher to arrive.

      Marlin watched as Nemo's teacher swam up and took his son away. "You're handing this pretty well. Usually parents freak out the first time their kids go to the drop off," a seahorse parent commented.

      Marlin's heart raced as he yelled, "THE DROP OFF!" He began swimming at full speed to catch up to the class. He knew this was a bad idea and now he had to stop it. When he finally reached the drop off, he spotted Nemo and his friends swimming by the edge of the drop off. "Nemo," he yelled as he swam over to his son. "You were about to go into open water! Don't you understand how dangerous that is? Especially with a bad fin," Marlin chided loudly.

       Mr. Ray swam over then and tried to calm Marlin down. Nemo however, was sick of his father telling him that he couldn't do things. He hated that he had to miss out on everything because his father said it was impossible for him. He wanted to show his father that he could do anything any other fish could do, maybe even better. While Marlin bickered with Mr. Ray, Nemo swam out into the open water and towards a boat.

      "Nemo's swimming out to sea," a fish yelled, causing all arguing to stop and everyone to watch the little fish.

      "Nemo No," Marlin yelled, but Nemo wasn't listening.

     Nemo swam his hardest and finally reached the boat with a smug and defiant grin. He reached up his good fin and slapped the bottom of the boat, despite his father's loud warnings. Once he made his point, he began to swim back towards the safety of the reef. However, as soon a he was close, a diver swam up and snatched Nemo away while another diver snapped pictures of the other fish, blinding them momentarily.   

     The diver brought Nemo to his office and placed him in a tank with a bunch of other strange fish. He quickly swam into a plastic cave and hid away from them. He was scared but more importantly, he was alone.

     Marlin swam after the boat, even though he couldn't see properly. He needed to get to his son. The boat that he was chasing however was too fast and soon he lost it. His heart sank as he floated to the bottom of the sea where he bumped into Dory.

      "Sorry, I'm looking for a boat," he muttered, causing Dory to excitedly exclaim that she had seen a boat. "Where," he asked and Dory quickly began leading the way.

     Soon though, Dory began weaving and looking over her shoulder. After a brief argument with Marlin, she admitted that she had short term memory loss. Marlin groaned and his heart sank once more. His only hope of finding his son, was a fish who couldn't remember what she did ten minutes ago. He swam away from her, but she followed him anyway.

      "Hey kid, what's your name," a fish asked as he poked his head into Nemo's hiding spot.

      Nemo whimpered and pushed himself back farther into his hiding spot. "Gil, let him be," another fish said gently. Gil nodded and backed away from Nemo's hiding spot. Nemo curled up and fell asleep, hoping that when he woke up, he would be home with his dad.

       Marlin searched everywhere for the boat that had his son, while Dory wandered behind him wondering what they were doing. She also wondered who the strange fish was that she was following, but she assumed she was following him for a good reason.

      Soon Marlin and Dory came to and underwater mine field. Marlin turned to find another way to go, but came face to face with a shark. "Ello, the name's Bruce," the shark said with a giant terrifying smile. 

      Dory smiled and introduced herself, as if it was a perfectly natural thing to do. "What a friendly little Sheila," Bruce said as he ushered them into an abandoned submarine.

     Marlin squeaked when he saw two other sharks in there and they looked hungry. "Brucy you brought us a snack," one said and swallowed Dory in one bite.

      Bruce frowned at the sharks. "Fish are friends, not food," he stated, causing the shark who ate Dory to drop his head in shame and mutter a sorry. Marlin was on edge the whole meeting, when it finally ended, he swam away quickly.

       The dentist smiled as he looked in the tank and tried to find Nemo. "That little guy is going to my niece Darla," he said as he pointed to Nemo. "Found the poor little guy in the reef," he added sadly. 

      "Not Darla," Gil said before giving Nemo a sad look. When Nemo asked what was wrong with her, he regretted it. "Darla is a fish killer," Gil answered sadly.

      Nemo's heart raced at that news. He didn't want to go to a fish killer. "I have to get home," he whined as he swam for the glass and smacked into it painfully. The other fish watched Nemo sadly, wishing they could help him.

       Marlin was ready to give up, he was a small fish and the ocean was just too big. He couldn't let his son down though, no matter how angry he was at him. Marlin found that he was also quite lonely without Dory with him. He soon began talking to himself and acting like the crazy fish that was eaten. He swam in zigzags and spoke randomly. Soon though, he forgot about his mission to save Nemo.

       Darla arrived at her uncle's office and grinned maniacally. Nemo tried to hide, but it was no use, the dentist had caught him and put him into a bag. Darla took the bag happily and began shaking it violently. Nemo's little body couldn't take the shock of such shaking and his heart gave out, causing him to float belly up in the bag.

     Ha this one is so sad. Poor Nemo.