Peter Pan

How are you guys liking this book so far? Hope you're enjoying it.

       Peter sighed as his shadow flew away from him. He debated on not following it, but he knew that he needed his shadow. They were both one person after all. Without his shadow, Peter felt somewhat incomplete. "Come on Tink," he yelled to his fairy as he flew above the clouds and towards London.

       Tinkerbell followed Peter eagerly, she was his best friend after all. However Tinkerbell had a secret, she was in love with Peter. She kept it a secret though, because she wasn't sure how Peter would react to such news. He was so innocent and carefree and he didn't know what true love was. Tinkerbell's heart ached at just the thought of it. She wished Peter would and could love her like she loved him.

      Peter perched on a windowsill and peered into the window. "It's in here Tink," he whispered as he pointed into the dimly lit room in front of them. Tinkerbell nodded and watched as Peter slowly opened the window without a sound. He then bounced in with Tinkerbell fluttering in behind him.

       As Peter looked for his shadow, Tinkerbell looked around the room curiously. She stopped at a jewelry box and opened it curiously, but snapped it shut when Peter whispered for her to knock it off. She sighed and flew towards a mirror to admire herself, but stopped short when Peter yelled, "Aha! Got ya!"

       She turned to see Peter wrestling with his shadow. They tumbled into a nightstand and caused a lot of noise. Tinkerbell thought it was funny until she saw that a girl had woken up and was staring at Peter wide eyed. "Peter Pan," Wendy said as she hurried over to him.

       Peter held onto his shadow and nodded. "That's right," he said proudly.

        Wendy smiled brightly. "I tell my brothers stories about you all the time," she announced, which caused Tinkerbell to roll her eyes. Wendy then noticed Peter's struggling detached shadow. "If you like, I can sew that back on for you," she said sweetly, causing Tink to get very jealous.

        Peter nodded and Wendy hurried to a drawer to get her sewing supplies, which ended with Tinkerbell being stuck in the drawer. This did not please Tinkerbell at all and she struggled to get free.

        Once Peter's shadow was sewn back on, Peter checked it out and thanked Wendy. "Peter, for visiting us, I should like to give you a kiss," Wendy said. When Tink heard that, her strength doubled.

        "What's a kiss," Peter asked as Wendy leaned into him and puckered her lips.

          Tinkerbell flew out just in time and yanked Wendy's hair painfully. "Tink, What did you do that for," Peter asked defensively. Tinkerbell shrugged sassily then fluttered off. Peter sighed then looked at Wendy again. "Say! Come to Neverland Wendy! You can tell stories to the lost boys and be their mother," he said.

        Tinkerbell grew red at hearing this and glared at Wendy. If Wendy agreed to this, Tinkerbell would be sure to get her out of the way immediately. Wendy debated it for a minute then agreed, as long as her brothers could go too. Peter sighed, but agreed. He just wanted Wendy with him, so if he had to have a few more lost boys, he would gladly accept.

       After giving Wendy and the boys flying lessons, they were off and heading towards Neverland. Wendy smiled at Peter as they landed on a cloud and looked out at Neverland. "Welcome to Neverland," Peter announced happily as he smiled back at Wendy. New feelings that he had never felt were welling up inside of him as he stared at her smiling back at him. He wanted to keep her for always and now that she was here to be their mother, he could do just that. Suddenly there was a loud boom and Peter quickly pushed Wendy out of the way just as a cannonball soared through the clouds. "Tink, take Wendy and the boys to the treehouse," Peter yelled.