Tiana

Tiana was a happy young girl. She had a wonderful life full of love and happiness. Her dad worked a lot, but he always made time to spend with his favorite little chef. He often told her of his plans to open a wonderful restaurant with her name written in lights. Tiana always loved hearing about that, her eyes would widen and she would giggle excitedly.

       A few years later though, Tiana's father had died. Her heart was shattered as were her dreams. However her mother always told her not to give up on her dreams. So once Tiana was able to start working she worked her life away. She would end one job and then run right to the next. She didn't have a social life, outside of conversing with her customers. Her friends, if she could call them that, would constantly ask her to go out and then talk bad about her when she declined.

      "They just don't understand," Tiana would mutter to herself.

       Finally the day came when Tiana's hard work had paid off. She grinned as she pushed her hard earned money towards the men who were going to sell her, her dream. Once they accepted the money, Tiana rushed her mom over to see it.

       Tiana's mother stared at the run down building and frowned. This wasn't going to be easy for Tiana especially with all the work she was already doing. The exhaustion and fatigue were clear. Tiana had bags under her eyes and her weight was far too shy of what it should be. "Tiana baby, are you sure about this," her mother asked wearily. Tiana of course said that she was and began tiredly sweeping the dusty floor.

       "Tiana! There's a prince in town," Charlotte announced as she ran into Tiana's job and slammed a paper down on the table. Tiana rolled her eyes and muttered a, "That's nice," then went back to work. Charlotte was always a day dreamer, she was also from a rich family. She tried not to flaunt it, but it really just came naturally to her.

       Naveen danced around the streets of New Orleans without a care in the world. Of course he had plenty to worry about, but he wasn't going to let it show. As he danced around, he met a voodoo man who he made a deal with. That deal ended with him becoming a frog and his servant becoming him.

        His servant locked him in a jar and headed to the costume ball that Charlotte's father was hosting. The servant had set the jar haphazardly on a shelf and soon Naveen was free.

        Tiana was checking on her cream puffs when the two men that had sold her, her dream walked up. "We're sorry Tiana, but we had a better offer," one of them said to her, causing her heart to break. She hurried off, bumping into many people in the process, and got many things spilled on her. She didn't care though, her dreams and heart were shattered.

       She hurried to Charlotte's room and locked herself in. She fell to the bed sobbing for a long time and finally ran out of tears. Once she was composed, she put on one if Charlotte's dresses and spotted a tiara on the nightstand. Slowly she picked it up and placed it on her head before going out onto the patio for a bit of fresh air.

       Tiana sighed and looked up at the stars in the sky. She closed her eyes and wished with all her might for a miracle. Suddenly a frog hopped up next to her and tried to coax her into kissing him. After all, he was the handsome Prince Naveen. However, Tiana did not see how a frog could be a prince. Then she remembered a fairy tail her that mother had read to her and Charlotte when they were younger.

         Could such a thing happen? She wondered to herself.

       "Alright look, I'll kiss you and help you out, if you'll help me in return," she said as she stared at Naveen with a curled lip.

       "Anything princess," Naveen responded happily. He was ready to be human again.

       Tiana sighed and rubbed her face. She then puckered up and kissed the frog. Dark magic swirled around her as her body began to change. "What's going on," she asked as she now found herself on the floor. She lifted her hand and screamed, "I'm a slimy frog!"