49

...

"Can you believe were adults now?" i asked "like when in the fuck did this happen?"

"I miss not paying rent, bills, and car notes" Cheryl frowned

"Can't relate" i replied annoyed as Betty and Cheryl laughed

"You've been an adult since you were 7" Betty laughed

"I always wanted to ask, who taught you how to pay bills?" Cheryl asked "at 7 w wasnt tbinking about paying bills and buying food"

"I went to run errans with Alice once, and i sorta picked up on how to pay bills from her, i took notes"

"And they never told you anything at the building?" Cheryl asked

"No, i became a really good liar, i used an old lady who lived across the street from me, i would take her with me, and when the ladies questioned where my guardian was i'd point at her"

"The one in the wheelchair?" Betty asked

"Daisy you used Laura Maloski?" Cheryl asked "she was in that horrible car accident in her 30's right?"

"Yeah, i used to help her around the house, cleaning, washing clothes, ECT for food, up until she died when i was 13, then workers didn't really questioned why i was alone"

"I didnt know Laura helped you" Betty frowned

"She was always the one who called Child Protective Service on my mom, if she didnt see me in 7 days she knew i was caged or chained"

"I hate how mellow you say it" Cheryl frowned "like its just another day"

"Because it was" i laughed as Cheryl looked at me crazy "cheryl, i survived, Peter is dead, my mom is dead..and I'm here healthy and happy"