Why Wait?: Part I

Chase's POV

I heard another sigh from the other end of the couch making me look up from the lyrics I was messing around with. Becca ran a hand over her messy bun chewing on her bottom lip. I slid my hand over circling her ankle that was covered in these godawful fuzzy socks Amber had gotten her for Christmas but who was I to argue because it kept her feet off me when they were cold. She lifted her head meeting my eyes and I could see her brain running a million miles an hour. She had to be in Atlanta next week for tour rehearsals along with interviews. I was getting ready to do the same here in Nashville in between laying down a few tracks. I sat my guitar aside tugging Becca into my lap.

"What's the matter baby?" I asked cupping her chin making her look at me. She played with the strings of my hoodie wrinkling her nose.

"Trying to figure out where in the whirlwind of schedules we have this year," she muttered. "That we will have time to plan a wedding let alone have it."

"Already told you," I assured her with a soft smile. "Don't care what we do as long as it ends with you being my wife."

"I know," Becca sighed laying her head on my shoulder burying her face in my neck. "It's just...."

"Why don't we just do it?" I asked with a quiet chuckle even though I knew she was about to give me total hell. Let alone the major trouble we would be in with both of our mamas. Becca lifted her head her green eyes narrowing at me. I shrugged my shoulders. "Was just a suggestion baby."

"No," Becca said thoughtfully. "You do have a point." My jaw dropped as I looked at her in shock. "What babe? I want to marry you. If I think about it I don't really want the whole circus that comes with planning a wedding. Mean, can't we be the different siblings." I started laughing picking up what she was meaning. "Mama got a wedding out of Brantley. I would bet good money she does out of Kolby too. Connie got one out of Chad and Casey. How bad do you think they will kill us?"

"Considering I am the baby and you are the only girl," I said with a wince making her gulp. "Pretty possible they will be majorly pissed, but I've got your back on this. It's our day. Do we even have to tell them?"

"Nope," Becca said with a devious grin spreading across her lips. She stretched over grabbing her phone then leaned back against my chest. "Take a page from B's book on asking for forgiveness instead of permission." She pulled up her contacts hitting Amber's for a Face Time request. I looked at her with a raised eyebrow making Becca shrug her shoulder. "What? We have to have witnesses."

I started laughing as I nodded my head. It rang for a minute then a glaring Brantley appeared on the screen scowling at his sister.

"What you little pest?" he growled making Becca give him wide grin. "It's Barrett's nap time and I am trying to sweet talk some alone time with my wife." He let out a yelp as Amber appeared over his shoulder glaring at him then taking the phone away. Brantley came back into view rubbing his ear making me grin.

"More like he is in the kitchen under my feet wanting to know if the cookies are done," Amber said with a laugh. "What are you two up to?"

"I need a favor from my favorite brother and sister in law," Becca said sweetly as Amber rolled her eyes.

"I'm your only sister in law so save the sweetness Becs," she laughed.

"We've decided to get married," I told both of them as Brantley settled his chin on Amber's shoulder rolling his eyes.
"Think we already established that when you got down on one knee dumbass," he said with a snicker. He glared down at Amber when she elbowed him.

"Quit being a smart ass Brantley Keith," she warned turning her head to look at him. "What do you two have up your sleeves?"

"Trying to figure out a good time in both our schedules is not going like I'd hoped," Becca told her sister in law quietly. She looked at me then back at the phone. "We just want to go ahead and get married. Would like y'all to be witnesses if LiLi can keep Barrett?"

"Who's telling Mama?" Brantley asked with a snicker as I saw Becca's face pale slightly. He stared laughing. "I see how it is. You don't plan on telling her or Connie until after the fact. It's gonna cost you for me to keep my mouth shut baby sister."

"Of course it is," Becca grumbled glaring at her brother. "Fine.....there is this pair of Jimmy Choo's your darlin wife is eyeing. I don't swing that way but even I know they will make her legs look amazing. They are on me if you keep your big mouth shut."

"Deal," Brantley said with a chuckle giving Amber a saucy wink. "What are y'all thinking? Vegas?"

Becca and I looked at each other, grimaced then shook our heads. Too many people I thought, and we wanted this to be quiet.

"The beach," we both said at the same time making both of us smile. Brantley rubbed his chin as Amber looked up at him with a nod. He walked off pulling his phone out as Amber turned her attention back to us.

"How about the place we stayed this summer Becs?" Amber asked her making Becca's face light up. "I'll get things handled on our end. We can find you a dress at one of those boutiques we found down there unless you have something at the house."

"I'll look," Becca said. I could see her mentally going through her side of our closet debating what she had. Told her when she moved in we needed another closet just for her shoes. "We already got our rings when we got back to Nashville, so it would be one less thing to deal with later on."

"Okay," Amber nodded. "I'll call Mom to let her know. I'll tell her we just up and decided to get away for Brantley's birthday for a few days since y'all start tour rehearsals next week. I can hear him in there on the phone with the resort. He will probably be texting one of y'all soon. Unless something changes I'd say book a flight to Atlanta for tomorrow and we can go from there. But you two are on your own with your mamas when they find out."

"Duly noted," I said with a laugh as Becca shook her head. She blew a kiss at Amber before disconnecting the call. Sitting the phone down, she turned to look up at me with a smile. "Soooo....we are really doing this huh."

"Yep," she grinned leaning up to kiss me softly. "I like this idea better. Plus, it gives me a legit reason to beat a fan girl's ass this year."

"Baby," I laughed pushing her back on the couch hovering my lips over hers as her legs wrapped around my waist. "Know damn good and well I only have eyes for you."