Really?

Becca's POV

I curled my legs underneath me as I listened to the quiet sounds of the night the porch swing gently moving in the breeze. I bit my lip thinking about the last couple of days. For one I had been more relaxed than I had in a while. Of course, Kolby'd had a smartass remark about it. Commenting that I had finally pulled the stick out of my ass. He may or may not be limping a little. Times like this is when the thought of moving back home had more appeal. I knew I could write anywhere. Be closer to everyone, but then I would miss out on what I loved about Nashville.

In all honesty, I had family in both places. Mama had been blowing up my phone earlier. Not sure which one of them did it, but it had been brought to her attention that Chase had come with me to Bama. I remembered the first time I had taken him home with me to meet her after we started dating. My dear sweet Mama's eyes had widened, blushed profusely when he had kissed the back of her hand, and muttered under her breath "No wonder you haven't been home Becca Lynn".

A loud laugh pulled me from my thoughts as the door creaked open. I looked over to see Chase backing out the door holding his middle finger up rolling his eyes. I could hear Kolby cracking up. No doubt there had been some trash talk comment over his UNC shorts that my brother had to make. Guess it was a good thing that football hadn't started yet. Always comments made when the Panthers played the Falcons.

"Nope Rice Krispie Treat I will leave that up to my sister!" Kolby yelled as the door shut. A giggle slipped past my lips as Chase turned to look at me rolling his eyes walking over. I noticed his hair was still damp from a shower and he was barefoot.

"There room for one more?" he asked giving me a soft smile. I nodded returning his smile. He settled down on the other end of the swing pushing it a little with his foot before looking over at me. "Pretty sure there is still mud in my ears babe."

I felt my stomach flutter a little at the term of endearment. Been a long time since I had heard it. I gave him a flirty smile as he laughed shaking his head.

"I told you to hang on," I said laughing. Thinking about him flying off the back of the four-wheeler earlier. One thing you could count on was that both of my brothers knew exactly where every mudhole was on this entire property. The only reason I hadn't done my best to coat B was that he'd had Barrett in his car set between him and Amber on the Ranger. Kolby had been another story. Daddy hadn't been sure who was muddier when we got back out of me, Chase, and Kolby.

Then B had made the mistake of getting out to look at something on one of the trails. I had clobbered him with a handful of mud. Wound up with me getting my ass tossed in the pond head first. That I knew had been posted on Snapchat because Kolby couldn't stop laughing. You could just barely see Chase in the corner of the video as Brantley stalked to the water with me over his shoulder. Brittany had text me earlier full of questions.

I had enjoyed the last few days of just having fun. Hadn't thought about things, I just went with it. Had almost felt like when we first started dating to be honest. A random touch here and there. Lots of laughs and smiles. Only difference in some ways was stretching out beside Chase at night. Putting the ball in my court, he'd chosen the room across from mine the first night. But after I had fallen asleep on the couch with Barrett, he'd gone to lay me down then leave. A hand on his arm had stopped him before laying down with me.

"Yea..." Chase drawled rolling his eyes. "Right as you gassed it. You and I both know you did that shit on purpose darlin."

"Maybe," I laughed biting my lip. "I'll never tell. I've had fun the last couple of days. Almost don't want to go back."

"I know the feeling," Chase said quietly stretching a long arm out across the back of the swing. "But a busy couple of weeks coming up. You said you're in the studio?"