Something Up Their Sleeve

Chase's POV

I glanced over at a smirking Bobby Bones and ran a hand over the brim of my hat knowing I was about to be called out. I could hear my manager snickering. I shouldn't be surprised but I was debating if wanted to answer the question I knew what he was about to ask.

"Alright Chase," Bobby said with a grin. "Care to comment on the photo making its rounds."

"Jake and I had fun fishing the other day," I said shrugging my shoulders hoping I could deflect the question.

"Try again buddy," Bobby laughed shaking a finger at me. "You know I am referring to the one of you and a certain smokin hot blonde. What was that about?"

"The calm before the storm," I grumbled rolling my eyes. "Whoever snapped that one, should have waited two seconds later because I got an entire glass of Jack and Coke dumped on my head."

"Ouch," Bobby said with a wince. "The two of you were the talk of country music a few years back before things ended. Folks at home that aren't in the know, the lovely lady in question is Miss Becca Lynn. That girl has so much talent when it comes to songwriting it's amazing. Google her. You'd be surprised at the songs you love she's had a hand in. My question is man, and I think I asked you this back then, how'd you get past big brother?"

"I actually met her first right after she officially moved to Nashville," I said with a laugh. "Had gone on a date or two with her before she fessed up. I knew who he was but had never really been around him. They've done this amazing job of separating themselves professionally."

"How bad did he threaten you?" he asked with a grin. I chuckled thinking about the stare down I had gotten before Jana had said something grabbing his attention. Becca had shot a glare of her own. She by no means had been a fan of her brother's girlfriend at the time.

"Ehhh," I said with a fake shudder making Bobby crack up. "We always got along. Still catch up from time to time."

"For those of you not in the loop," Bobby said as my phone vibrated in my pocket. Normally I never checked it during an interview, but something told me to. I grinned at the text rolling my eyes. Go on chicken shit. Tell the man I only threatened you with a gun once and then well...broke your nose. I opened up my camera sending him back a selfie of me flipping him off they would have to blur out on the live video later. I immediately got one in return as I cracked up. I slid my phone over showing Bobby as he grinned. "Figured. That man is always listening. Like I was saying. The big brother in question is none other than Brantley Gilbert. I asked Justin Moore a couple of years ago when he was on tour with BG if he ever thought there was someone who could take that man in a fight. He cracked up laughing and told me yea, that little blonde standing beside Amber."

"Man," I snickered rubbing a hand over my chin. "You just don't know. They tie in to it the main one who can break them up is their mama. Anyone who knows them will tell you there is a difference in what you see. There is Becca Lynn and BG when they both are in work mode I guess. Then there is Becs and B."

"They are a pair for sure," Bobby said. "Stuck her foot out trying to trip him on the red carpet year before last at the CMA's. The look Amber gave both of them to settle down was hilarious. So back to music, the new single is "Eyes on You" right?"

"Yea man," I said with a grin. "One of my favorites off this album. Really proud of it."

"You know I am gonna ask," he said with a smile. "Any certain inspiration when writing this one?"

"Maybe a little," I admitted shrugging my shoulders. "Never know."

I walked out the studio later checking my phone as I pulled my keys out heading to my truck. I saw a text from Jake telling me to meet him at The Tin Roof at nine. What he was up to I have no idea. Guess I would just have to wait and see. That night I got lucky finding a parking spot close and slipped down the side alley to use the entrance a lot of artists and songwriters used that was a well kept secret in Nashville. I paused near the back looking around for Jake and my eyes widened when I saw him sitting in a booth to the side sipping a beer and laughing.