Ride

Becca's POV

A pounding on my front door made me jump almost poking myself in the eye with my mascara wand. I glanced down at the time on my phone wondering who the hell that could be. I had another thirty minutes or so before Chase would be here. I'd been pulled out of my thoughts earlier with a text from him that he was almost home for a few days, to be ready. Requested jeans and boots. What he was up to I had no clue. Pulling the belt of my robe tighter around me I hurried down the hall to look out the peep hole on the door. I groaned rolling my eyes. I had to get them out of here. Pasting a sunny smile on my face I tugged the door open. I faced down the two scowling blondes with their arms crossed, feet tapping. I was in deep shit if I was getting the double mom look.

"Hey girls..." I drawled giving them a grin. I may have been dodging questions the last few weeks. Should have known they'd pick up on it. Amber had laughed when she realized I hadn't told anyone. Was actually surprised I had kept it quiet this long. I cleared my throat as Caroline pursed her lips pushing in the house elbowing me to the side. Brittany shut the door behind her as I sighed looking up saying a quick prayer for patience. "I love y'all I really do, but I've got a... umm...thing downtown. Lunch in the next day or two?"

"Hmmm...." Caroline said tapping her chin narrowing her blue eyes suspiciously. "Lightly curled hair, smoky eyes going on. Yea. Something downtown my ass."

I rolled my eyes walking back to my room and into the bathroom to finish my mascara. Caroline let out a whistle at the hunter green flowing lace cold shirt top and distressed jeans I had laid on the bed. I caught the look she and Britt were sharing then went back to my task. They both leaned on either side of my bathroom counter watching me. Brittany leaned over sniffing me as Caroline pulled at the edge of my pink satin robe revealing the black lace bra that made the girls look good. What could I say, I wanted to bring all 6'4 of that man to his knees.

"The good perfume that smells like vanilla," Brittany observed looking over me at Caroline. Oh they were on one.

"And the sexy ass bra," Caroline chime in. They both looked at me with hands on their hips smirking. "You have a date. A you wanna get laid type of date. You been hiding a man from us? Becs, you know he's got to pass judgement. It's just a given."

"Ummm....." I said biting my lip then rolling my eyes playing it off. I put a quick coat of pink lip gloss on my lips. I walked out of my bathroom with them hanging on my words to see what I would say. I shrugged my shoulder tugging off my robe hearing an appreciative whistle at the matching black lace underwear. Fuck. "Maybe I just wanna look good tonight. Anything wrong with that?"

"No," Brittany scoffed flopping down on my bed as I tugged my jeans on shaking my head. "Of course not."

"But we both know it's for a man," Caroline snickered handing me my shirt, so I could slip it on. "Something you want to tell us Becca honey."

"Nope," I muttered walking over to my closest to pull out a black pair of heeled boots. I sat down on the end of my bed tugging them on. I could feel the stare down I was getting. These two were full of questions that I was trying to not answer. If they didn't get out of here soon they would be finding out without me saying a word. "What?"

"Fess up," Caroline growled giving me her best mom look snapping her fingers. If she pulled out the ear tug I was gonna sing like a canary. "I know for a fact Dierks has dropped you off twice in the last few weeks on his way to his next tour stop. All Cassie would do was grin when I tried to find out why. So I repeat.....who is the man?"

"Damn rat," I grumbled under my breath. I sighed walking over to put my black diamond earrings B and Amber had gotten me for Christmas in. I was about to think of an excuse when my front door opened then closed.