Nerves..What Nerves....

Chase's POV

A light punch to my shoulder pulled me from my sleep as I blinked my eyes open looking over at Brantley. I glanced around realizing we had made it back to his house. We hadn't even been out of the parking lot for a minute before he and Becca had started arguing. I had groaned, rolled my eyes, and slumped down in the seat pulling my hat over my eyes. Knew it wouldn't do me any good to get in the middle of those two unless they were going to start trading licks. After a minute Becca had finally growled, tuned him out, and stretched out on the backseat of his truck to sleep. I looked at his front door, sighed, then looked back over at him.

"How bad is it going to be?" I asked making him snicker before opening his door.

"My advice," he said shaking his head with a wry smile. "Lay on the charm."

I started laughing as Brantley reached in the back grabbing our bags while I opened the other back door gently shaking Becca awake. She blinked her eyes open then grabbed my hand as I helped her climb out wrapping my arm around her waist. We grudgingly followed Brantley in the house. Walking in, I was immediately hit with smells that made my mouth water. With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, I could tell my future sister in law had been busy. I was about follow my nose towards the kitchen when I saw the petite brunette blocking our path.

Brantley laughed, leaned down kissing Amber then quickly hurried up the stairs. Chicken shit was all I could think. Figuring it was best to just go for broke, I eased away from Becca walking up to Amber. She glared up at me as I gave her sheepish smile automatically reaching into my back pocket pulling out my wallet. I sighed handing her my credit card getting a grin of pure evil in return. With a wince I leaned down kissing Amber on the cheek. I stood back up to see Becca standing there with a glare rolling her eyes.

"Don't completely break me. Could do me a favor though and order her a pair of boots like the ones you wore in "The Weekend" video," I pleaded poking my lip out at making Amber laugh. I looked back over my shoulder giving Becca smirk. "I have a fiancée that prefers apologies in shoes and don't order her any dishes. They would liable to be tossed at my head."

"Whatever makes you think that babe?" Becca asked with a giggle rolling her eyes. I walked back to her wrapping my hands around her waist lifting her up even with my eyes. She laughed wrapping her arms around my neck. I narrowed my eyes at her playfully. "Ok...fine...I would in a heartbeat and we both know it. I have just a little bit of a temper problem..."

"A little bit of one," Kolby said with a snort walking in from the kitchen with a cookie in his hand passing it over to Barrett who was on his hip reaching for it. I sat Becca back down on her feet then banded both arms around her pulling her back flush against my chest. I didn't even have to look down to know she was scowling at her youngest brother. Any leftover anxiety she had been feeling over us had now been channeled into her nerves over her first show. Meaning that if I turned her loose, her baby brother would be the perfect target to work off some of those nerves. He paled seeing the fire that was in her green eyes and wisely took a step back passing Barrett over to Amber as little man cackled at the growl coming from his favorite aunt. "Chase....man...hold her."

"I am doing my damnedest man," I said with a laugh. "But I would disappear if I were you."

Becca's POV

I bent over at my waist my hair making a curtain around me. I rubbed a hand on my throat feeling like it was closing up on me. I had five minutes before I had to walk out onto that stage in front of what my little brother had just informed me was sold out to standing room only crowd. Mama had stopped me from hitting him by pushing Kolby out of the back room. She followed him after kissing my cheek to give me a few minutes alone. What the hell was I doing? I was going to suck. I just knew it. I had no band yet. Thank god I had backup. I almost had my band decided on just needed some practice. We had a couple days scheduled next week once Chase and I got back to Nashville. Then that would be it until the holidays were over before tour rehearsals began.