Chapt 6. "She looks stunning"

No ones POV.

As the weeks passed on, the Harbor Mafia grew a accustomed to their new nine year old member, as days went on Sakura and the boys took care of Dina, making sure she ate properly now and grew stronger.

Dina slowly began to warm up to a few higher members as well, including Sakura and Oscar, she began to be a little less shy around other members, Daniel and Cole seemed like big brothers to her in Sakura's eyes because they gave her so much affection.

"Hey Sakura? Can we bring Dina to the festival this year?" Cole tugged on the said lady's casual shirt, "Huh? Oh the festival, that isn't that far away is it?" Sakura looked down from her desk, a mess of reports, charts and other sheets of paper scattered around.

Cole nodded with Dina by his side, holding his hand as she watched, "Yeah, we can go shopping and find you a kimono tomorrow if you want, I need to grab some stuff too" Cole nodded with a smile, turning back to the little girl who smiled softly too.

The two of them soon left after being treated to a draw stashed away full of sweets and other lollies, "So what do you do at the festivals?" Dina asked as she popped a small round sweet in her mouth.

Cole shrugged, "We do lots of stuff, it's one of the only nights that that nearly the entire Harbor Mafia is off duty to relax." "Doesn't that mean that the bad guys can get in easier?" Dina questioned, looking out the large window wall as they made their way down to the boys room.

"Yeah, but most agencies also come to the festival, most years we see the Detective's unit there, we just make sure to steer clear of them" Cole smiled, dropping a green lolly into his mouth.

Dina nodded and fiddled with the small wrapper in her hand, following after the taller boy, he pushed open the bedroom door, let go if Dina's hand and plopped onto her mattress with a sigh, Dina giggled and sat down next to him, watching as he rolled onto his back and stared up at the ceiling.

"Oh! They have the fish farm on this year too!" Cole suddenly cheered, a large grin spread over his face as his soft blue eyes beamed as Dina tilted her head to the side, her brows furrowed in confusion as her ponytail flopped to one side of her head.

"Fish farm? What's that?" She questioned, Cole sprung up from the soft bedding and smiled, "You know what fish are, yeah? They have a massive stall where you can go catch a fish to take home if you want. They have all sorts there, goldfish, tropical fish, bottom feeders, snails- they are gross though, and lots of other stuff".

Dina's smile grew, "That sounds fun" She smiled.

---

"So, have you chosen which one you want to try on?" Sakura stood behind Dina as she stared at a pair of kimonos that were hanging up on a clothes rack, "Can I try them both on?" She tilted her head back and smiled up at her.

Sakura sighed happily with a smile, "Sure" She patted Dina's head and grabbed both of them, leading her down into the changing rooms at the back of the shop, while Daniel and Cole wandered around the large shopping complex with Oscar.

Sakura's POV.

"Is that too tight?" I knelt down behind Dina and helped her do up the grey coloured sash that ran around her waist, she shook her head and fiddled with a few strands of her hair as I tied a small gold ribbon around the sash.

Dina smiled as she waved the large sleeves around in front of her, "Wanna go see what it looks like?" I stood up and lifted the pale curtain up to reveal a bunch of mirrors, other ladies were checking out their clothing as well as Dina wandered out.

She stood in front of a mirror, just looking at the pale blue that faded into black at the top, the long dress just missed her feet and sat over her shoulders, small pastel pink and white flowers were dotted over the silk fabric and long dripping sleeves hung off her arms.

I watched as Dina glanced at another lady to see what she was doing, spinning around slowly while she looked at her new skirt in the mirror, Dina turned back to her mirror and slowly started to turn around, admiring her looks.

A small giggle left my mouth as she looked at the long sleeves once more, "Wanna try the other one on?" I smiled, Dina nodded and we both walked back into the small stall where the other kimono hung.

---

"I like this one better" Dina spun around by the mirror once again with a bigger grin, a bright red kimono this time, it dropped down to her knees and the sash around her waist was cream, a matching red ribbon done up into a small flower with a couple of golden beads that hung off.

The sleeves were separate, the main dress stopped at her shoulders and the sleeves started mid-forearm, they ran down to her knees and were also spotted with small flowers while the main body was patterned with cranes and other flowers.

"You like that one better?" She nodded, "I do say, she looks stunning" A lady smiled beside us, looking down at Dina as she suddenly looked up to the tall lady, I smiled and nodded to her, "What's the occasion?" The lady politely asked me.

"We're going to the end of year festival in Yokohama. She's never been before" Dina nodded, the lady smiled, "Well, I hope you have fun dear" And with that, she turned back to her own business.

Dina trotted happily back into the stall as I followed her in as well, undressing her from the kimono and sliding her back into her original dress, we returned the one she didn't want and then wandered from the store.

I looked around the large mall, many people were walking as they chatted with friends or family, Dina held onto my hand while my other held onto a paper bag with her kimono in it, "Do you want to go find the boys and get some lunch, or do you wanna go look for some Kanzashi?".

"What are they?" Dina looked up with a perplexed look, "They are just traditional hair accessories that you wear with kimonos and stuff like that" "hey shorties! Over here!" Someone suddenly shouted.

I perked up and looked away from Dina as she also looked around in confusion, I spotted a hand waving at us as Oscar, Cole and Daniel all made their way over to us, "Looks like we'll get lunch first" I snickered as Oscar came over.

Flicking him on the forehead, he whined with a frown, Cole laughed as Daniel wandered over to Dina and pulled something out out of his bag, "Hey, we found a place that sells the best pancakes ever, wanna grab lunch there??" Oscar grinned.

I rolled my eyes with a playful sigh, "Can we please?? They are really yummy!" Cole added in, I turned to him and laughed, "I assume you boys have already had some? Correct?" They both nodded as Dina giggled to the side of me.

"Fine, Oscar is paying so get whatever you want" I smirked as his expression dropped, the kids laughed and cheered as we started to walk down to the small shop, and as I passed Oscar, I pushed his bottom jaw back up.

"You suggested it" I snickered.

Oscar grumbled and followed behind, Cole led the way with a large grin and his hands in his pockets, Daniel and Dina chatted by my side as Oscar took to my right, "So, what did you boys buy?" Cole smiled, "I got a new deck of cards and a cool cap".

"What about you Daniel?" I turned to him as we passed countless people, "I got a few more books, another keychain and plush for Dina" I nodded, looking down at the goldfish shaped stuffed toy in Dina's arms.

She held a large smile as Daniel walked by her side, "What's the keychain?" I questioned as we walked into a small pancake styled cafe, we sat down at a table and dumped our bags below us, Daniel pulled out his keychain and handed it to me as we all picked up a menu.

It was a small clear sphere with a tiny half moon fighting fish inside, flaming red faded into orange and then yellow towards the tail, "Nice" I smiled, passing it back lady came over to us.

"Are you guys ready to order?".

Word count: 1450