Chapt. 3 "Peach flowers"

No ones POV.

"Hello my darling. I'm Mori Ree, It's nice to finally meet you...?" A tall man with dark black hair sat up slightly in a luxurious seat at the end of a long table, C193 kept silent as the man who dressed like he was referencing Dracula waited for a name.

After a few minutes had passed, he spoke up, "Darling, do you have a name?" The little girl shook her head as she stood at the end of the table, her hands dug into her dirty dress as she looked down at her bare feet.

"Then what were you called? May I suggest a name for you?" "C193..." She muttered, nodding her head to Mori's request of giving her a name, "How about... Dina".

"What d-does it mean?..." She stuttered, fearful of the man who basically ruled the underworld, "It means 'Angel of learning', since I was told you don't know much" The girl nodded with his statement.

Mori smirked, "My darling Dina, can you show me that angelic ability?" He shifted from his seat, Dina looked up from her feet with horror flicking in her eyes, shaking her head violently, Mori frowned but stood up anyways.

"Why not?" He chirped, "I-I don't want t-to hurt anyone an-anymore!" She sobbed, tears flooded over her sore cheeks once again as she sniffed and covered her eyes with her pale hands.

Mori trotted over to her, kneeling down in front of her while he placed his white gloved hands on her waist, "It's fine dear, you don't need to if you don't want to" Dina nodded, rubbing her eyes as she sniffed once again.

"Now, Daniel told me that your skin starts to burn if the air is too dirty, correct?" "Y-Yes.." Dina sobbed, trying to stop the tears as memories and nightmares came trickling back into her mind of the life she lived just a day ago.

Mori nodded, "Would you like a warm bath to clean off all the dirt?" Dina shrugged, "A-Am I allowed t-to?" Mori let out a small chuckle as Dina looked up with watery eyes, "Of course my dear, I'll see if Sakura can help you clean up, find you some new clothes and something to eat" Dina nodded.

Mori smiled, he took the little girl's hand and led her over to his chair, he sat down first and got comfortable, then he picked Dina up by the waist and placed her on his lap, Dina froze for a moment, confused and fearful of what Mori was doing.

But she relaxed as his fingers threaded through her hair, it gave her a feeling of safety when someone played with her hair, although the scientists and all those angry people within the lab didn't love her, she begged for their friendship, even just for them to sit with her and not leave her alone.

But she never got that love, yet a complete stranger had her sitting on his lap, playing with her dirty hair as he talked on the phone with someone about who would care for her.

he had given her a new name, and supposedly a new life.

Dina's POV.

"Alright, Sakura will be here in a moment" Mori smiled, relaxing back into his seat as his flipped closed the small flip phone and placed it away, I rubbed my eyes tiredly with a small nod, "Th-thank you..." I muttered back.

Mori grinned slightly, rubbing the top of my head with a soft touch, "No problem, maybe once you are well again, you can join the Harbor's residents, I'm sure you would enjoy it here" I gazed up at him for a moment.

For a second, I felt my lips curl up, it,

It felt nice.

But I didn't know what this was, but I didn't have to think long before someone knocked at the double doors at the end of the room, "Mori, it's Sakura" A lady called out, the doors opened moments later and the girl came in.

She was familiar, the long black cloak that was ripped and torn at the bottom floated just above her ankles, she had a small white mask that covered her mouth and nose, long black hair that was pulled back into a ponytail with a few strands dangling in her face.

She stopped at the end of the table as Mori smiled at her, bowing her head slightly, she spoke, "Is it ok if she stays with the boys tonight after she's clean? I have been assigned to go on a mission with Oscar, there is something linked from last nights raid that I need to look into" Mori nodded.

"That should be fine, she knows Daniel and I'm sure Cole would be happy to have a few friend" Sakura nodded as Mori suddenly lifted me off his lap, I squealed slightly as he grabbed a hold of me, he placed me on the ground and patted my head.

"Sorry Dina" "Dina?" Sakura questioned as I looked up at her from Mori's side, "She didn't have a name, so I gave her one" She nodded, looking down to me, she held out a hand for me to take, but I hesitated.

Mori watched as I took a few steps away from his side, I slowly reached out for Sakura's hand, once her warm fingers touched my own, she gently grabbed hold of my hand, I turned back to Mori and he smiled.

"Have fun" He waved as Sakura started to walk me out of his office, the fancy carpet stopped at the doors as we passed through them, two people stood outside with some sort of weapons in their hands, I glanced at them for a moment before following after Sakura.

She led me down a hallway, glass windows lined the right, and doors were spotted along the left, I looked out the windows that overlooked a really big place, there were lots of other high rise places like the one I was in, the streets were lit up with lots different colours, the moon was almost full as it was just beginning to peek over ocean.

"Watch your step" Sakura suddenly commented as I snapped back into reality, looking in front of me, there were a small set of metal doors that were clamped shut, I turned to Sakura as a small button to the left of the doors flashed.

The doors suddenly open and startled me slightly, I watched as they slid across, opening into a small box that was made up of glass, you could see out into the night and far beyond, Sakura led me in, she pressed another button and the doors closed.

I panicked a little as a sinking feeling filled my body, looking up to Sakura, she was leaned against the glass looking out into the night, she still held my hand as I looked around, taking in the view.

"Do you know Daniel" I nodded, "You will be staying with him and a friend tonight, is that ok Dina?" Sakura looked down at me, for once I got to look at her eyes, a pretty pink colour, I nodded after a moment of staring at her.

"I don't have to leave till eleven, so I can stay for a little bit" I nodded again, Sakura nodded back just as a loud ding went off, the metal doors slid open once again and we were now in a different hallway.

Sakura's POV.

I gently tugged Dina from the elevator, she turned back to watch the doors shut after we stepped out, I knew that she didn't know much, but I thought she would at least know the basics of life.

You can't be that mean not to teach a child simple things, can you?

I shrugged it off and wandered down the hallway, knocking on a door and waiting by it for a moment, it opened to a little boy, shortish orangery hair and big blue eyes, he looked up at me and pulled the door open a bit more.

"Hi Sakura" Cole smiled, I smiled underneath my mask as Daniel came to the door as well, doing up the last button on his shirt, the two of them getting ready for bed, "Evening you two, I have a couple of favors to ask of you both" They both smiled with a short nod.

Cole looked down at Dina, she seemed a little stressed as her grip on my hand tightened, I rubbed my thumb over her small hand, "Do you have a set of clothes that would fit Dina?" Daniel shrugged.

"I think I should, let me go have a look" I smiled slightly as he turned and wandered off into their shared room, "Now Cole, I have to go out with Oscar tonight, and I was wondering if you both could look after Dina for me once I've given her a bath" I sat down on my heels.

Cole looked at Dina who hid behind me, her hair dipped in front of her rosy face while she looked down at her bare feet, one hand entwined with mine and the other on her dress.

"Sure!".

Word count: 1498