Chapter 27: Just Another Day VI

(F/N) POV

During the break in between the second and third quarters of the school year the preparations for the Vytal Festival were finishing up, on top of that, students from the other three academies started to arrive. Ozpin, surprisingly, let me walk around freely instead of keeping me in the basement, which is what I thought he was going to do since the tunnels were gone, instead he must have known I was going to stay in team RWBY or CFVY's dorm room. Why stay inside when new students were arriving? Simple, there was no one interesting, though there were two times I felt the presence of magic but I couldn't find the source of either.

With the break in between the first and second half of the school year being shorter than the one between school years, most students stuck around unless their families lived in the city or were visiting for the upcoming festival. Ruby and Yang thought about visiting their dad but decided they wanted to spend time with their team, while napping in RWBY's room I notice Ruby taking a large binder from the desk, which she quickly wrote in. I was going to ask her what it was about, but at the same time I was comfortably curled up in Yang's bed, so either I stay in bed or do something possibly interesting.

(F/N): "Ruby." She looks up in surprise.

Ruby: "You're... in your baby form." As I jump down I go into my teen body.

(F/N): "What's up with the binder?"

Ruby: "Oh this? Well as leader I'm planning the best day ever for my team." She stood proudly, I take a closer look at the book.

(F/N): "Property of Weiss Schnee." She slams her hand over the name and clears her throat.

Ruby: "I am not a crook."

(F/N): "Never said you were." I pat her head. "Go."

Ruby: "Huh?"

(F/N): "Go have that best day ever." I let out a yawn. "I need some more sleep."

Ruby: "Finally took up animating let Velvet suggested?"

(F/N): "Yeah, it's a pain in all honesty." My stomach growls. "That's also a pain."

Ruby: "Want to join us for lunch?"

(F/N): "Sure, I can nap later I guess."

Before we left she took a red marker and crossed out Weiss' name on the cover and put hers underneath. She carried the large binder, needing both her arms to do so, I don't know what Weiss had in that binder but whatever it was I'm surprised her and Ruby have the strength to carry it. I could probably knock someone out with that thing, halfway to the cafeteria she nearly drops it when she trips. Grabbing her by her hood I pull her back up before taking the binder and carrying it for her, once inside we went over to her team, I slammed the large binder on the table, getting their attention.

Ruby: "Sister, friends, (F/N)."

(F/N): "I feel like I should be offended."

Ruby: "Don't be, because today we will all come together and have the best day ever!"

Weiss: "Did you two steal my binder?"

(F/N): "For once I didn't steal anything from you."

Weiss: "For once?!"

(F/N): "It was just-"

Nora: "Heads up!" As soon as I had turned my head I was met with a pie to the face, wiping it off Nora saw my annoyance.

(F/N): "If I was the same person as I was a year ago, I'd beat you for that." In the distance a familiar voice says 'oh no' in response to my 'outdoor' voice. "But since I'm a better person... I'll settle with simple retaliation."