Chapter 16: Mental IX

Third Person POV

It was an early Saturday morning at team CFVY's room, the guys had left early to head to the gym while Coco was picking out an outfit to head to Vale with. Velvet, on the other hand, was at a desk trying to draw the rose emblem she saw in the tunnels, Coco took an interest and went over to see what she was doing.

Coco: "Drawing a rose?"

Velvet: "I saw it on one of the tunnel doors, I can't put my finger on it but I think I've seen it before." She tapped the eraser end of her pencil on the desk.

Coco: "Isn't Ruby's last name Rose?"

Velvet: "Yeah, wait if Summer is her mother."

Coco: "Summer Rose." Velvet facepalmed. "Let me guess, you spent hours trying to figure that out?"

Velvet: "Every since I saw it I couldn't stop thinking about it." Coco went back over to the closet to finish changing.

Coco: "Well now that you know, what are you going to do?"

Velvet: "I doubt (F/N) will want to talk about it, he put a blade to my neck just for reaching for the door." Coco's head shot back in disbelief from what she just heard.

Coco: "He did what?! Vel, why didn't you tell us?" Velvet got up from her chair and took the poor drawing before she looked at her leader.

Velvet: "He wasn't well but I still knew he wouldn't hurt me, and I didn't want you or the others to freak out about it."

Coco: "Still." She crossed her arms in worry. "Please tell us if something like that happens again."

Velvet: "I will."

She folded up the paper and went to look for Ruby who was trying to get used to her new heels for the dance later at night. The other day Weiss and the other went to the city to pick out their dresses, they had tried to invite (F/N) but was nowhere to be found that day. Velvet arrived at their dorm and knocked on the door, Yang opened just in time for Velvet to see Ruby fall on her face.

Velvet: "Is she okay?"

Yang: "She's fine, so what's up?" Velvet took out her drawing.

Velvet: "I was wondering if you or Ruby ever saw this before." Yang took the picture, Ruby who managed to get back up with Blake's help tried to go over and see the picture. "I found it engraved on one of the doors." Ruby held Yang's shoulder and looked at the picture.

Ruby: "Weird, Weiss' emblem was on a door too."

Velvet: "It was?"

Ruby: "Yeah, that room we told you guys about when we were searching for the box."

Velvet: "Hmm, I don't mean to bring up bad feelings but... do you think it has to do with Summer? Her last name was Rose right?"

Ruby: "Yeah..."

Yang: "Did you get inside?"

Velvet: "No, actually, he kind of, might have... put his blade to my neck." Both Ruby and Yang went completely wide-eyed.

Yang: "He cut off Cardin's hand for pulling on your ears, and (F/N) threatened to cut off your head?" Velvet nods.

Velvet: "But have either of you seen this emblem anywhere else?" The sisters looked at each other, Ruby shrugged, Yang handed the drawing back.

Yang: "Sorry, we haven't."

Velvet: "It's alright." She took the paper and folded it back up, putting it in her pocket. "I'll see you guys later at the dance."