Chapter 26: Just Another Day V

(F/N) POV

The Vytal Festival Tournament, I find it to be a complete waste of time, and that's not because every time it comes to Vale I'm forced to stay in the tunnels because I'm 'problematic'. This year, thanks in part because I completely blocked the tunnels, I get to watch the tournament and get to check out the fairgrounds. But before the tournament gets here I've decided to drag teams RWBY, CFVY, and JNPR out to Beacon Cliff, right as the sun was starting to rise. They were all in their combat clothes and all of them appeared to be at some level of tired. I marched like a general in front of his soldiers, my arms behind my back, and with a serious tone of voice, I can't afford to lose my bet with Ozpin.

Jaune: "Uh... can we get some more sleep?" I stop and turn my head, I look at him seriously.

(F/N): "Silence maggot." I continue to pace in front of them. "You all are here today because you all are far from qualified, if you want to compete in the up coming tournament you will need proper training."

Nora: "But Goodwitch said Pyrrha qualified, then there's Ren who's basically a ninja, I can bench five of me... there's Jaune."

(F/N): "That last part's my point, you can't afford to lose because of him."

Velvet: "Did you make a bet with Ozpin?" I look at her for a moment and reveal that in one hand I have the remote for the launch pads.

(F/N): "Silence. Maggot. Your tasks will be plenty, it will no doubt take you all day to complete them so it is in your best interest to pace yourself. You will face puzzles, challenges in trust and teamwork, you will fail some of them, you will succeeded in others. I expect none of you to complete all of them, that is to say if you can even find them, but before the sun sets you will take your rewards from the tests and bring them here to me."

Coco: "You definitely made a bet with Ozpin." I press the button on the remote, launching them all at once, I face the Emerald Forest.

(F/N): "It starts now kid, better keep up." I faintly smile. "Can't believe I actually miss that old bird."

Ozpin: "Which one?" He walks up beside me.

(F/N): "I forget, which one was the drunk?"

Ozpin: "That would be Qrow."

(F/N): "Oh right, that's why Raven was never fun."

Ozpin: "Please, you miss both of them."

(F/N): "Yeah." I look at him. "I wonder whose fault that is."

Ozpin: "You know my intentions were good."

(F/N): "Remind me again what the roads of Hell are paved with."

Ozpin: "That old faith... make sure they survive your tests."

(F/N): "Are you saying I can enter the Emerald Forest?"

Ozpin: "I don't know how you got Goodwitch to set up your test and I'd rather not know, so yes, you may enter the Emerald Forest."

(F/N): "Wonderful."

I jump off the cliff and create a set of wings, once I landed I snuck my way through the forest in my kid form to observe them. The first ones I came across were team JNPR minus Nora, seeing as they're alive I move on to find the next group or person. I came across Ruby and Blake, things were quiet between them, they never really seemed to talk, well, Blake never really talks unless she has to. I continue on through the forest, Coco and Nora were dealing with a pack of Beowolves, I watched them smash and shoot through them, Nora could easily carry her team to the finals.

Strolling the rest of the way through the forest I decided to stop by the cave, I hadn't been there since STRQ and wanted to see if anything was still there. Approaching the entrance I found it smashed open wider, like something big busted out of it, ignoring it and continuing inside I created a flame in my hand for light. Deeper and deeper I went into the cave till I reached a wooden trunk, opening it I found everything still inside. Raven and I used to train together, Ozpin had misspoke one of his orders, as a result as long as I was with one of the members of STRQ then I could enter 'the forest', so as long as it was a forest I was good.