Chapter 13: Mental VI

Third Person POV

While patrolling in the morning Glynda Goodwitch went through the courtyard and found (F/N) on the ground still holding his left arm close to him. Though he was asleep she could see the painful look on his face as he laid there, despite what he had done she still picked him up with her semblance and brought him to team CFVY's room where she knew he'd be fine. When she knocked on the door and was allowed in she found only Coco there, after Goodwitch placed (F/N) on one of the beds she turned to the student.

Glynda: "Where is the rest of your team this early in the morning?"

Coco: "Velvet wanted to speak with Ozpin, I asked Fox and Yatsu to go with her."

Glynda: "I see, and why are they going to see Ozpin?" The student crossed her arms.

Coco: "Do you know who Neve is?"

Glynda: "No, I don't believe I've heard of a student with that name. Does this have to do with (F/N)?" Coco nods.

Coco: "He was calling for her and Summer. It looked like he was having a nightmare." Goodwitch looked back to the bed, the painful expressed didn't completely vanish but it did seem to lighten.

Glynda: "Please make sure he doesn't repeat whatever it was he attempted last night."

Coco: "No problem."

Having to prepare her class for the day Goodwitch left (F/N) in Coco's care, who sat next to him and combed her hand through his hair. While she watched over him, Velvet and the others had arrived at Ozpin's office, walking inside the headmaster could be seen drinking his morning coffee before his afternoon hot chocolate. Velvet, despite her normally shy and non-violent personality, marched in him a serious look of anger and spoke with a voice as serious as her appearance.

Ozpin: "Good morning students, is there something the matter?"

Velvet: "Who's Neve?" Ozpin looked at her interested in the name.

Ozpin: "Who might I ask mentioned that name?"

Velvet: "(F/N)." Ozpin nodded his head. "He was crying for her and Summer." The headmaster leaned back in his chair.

Ozpin: "I don't doubt it, she was his first love after all." The students looked in surprise.

Yatsu: "We thought Summer was."

Ozpin: "No, she would be the one he'd be open about but she wasn't the first. As for what happened..." He lowered his head and sighed. "All I know is something happened between them, the years after were dark for him." He looked up to Velvet. "Spend some time with him, he could use the company right now." Velvet stares at the headmaster with annoyance.

Velvet: "That's not enough." She turns around and with her team, they leave Ozpin who upon their leaving lets out a sigh.

Ozpin: "I wonder if he still sings." Back at team CFVY's room, Coco lays beside (F/N) whose eyes begin to open, upon seeing Coco he tries to carefully leave the bed without waking her.

Coco: "I'm not asleep."

(F/N): "Don't you have classes?" She opens her eyes and sits up.

Coco: "You want to tag along?"

(F/N): "Not really."

Coco: "Too bad, that wasn't a question."

(F/N): "Well it sounded like one."

After she got off the bed she grabbed him by the hand and dragged him off to her class where she met up with her team. For the rest of the day they made him stay with someone, (F/N) could tell what they were doing, and while he appreciated it, it didn't stop Summer from appearing, who wouldn't say a word but knew her mere presence there bothered him. Ruby and her team saw him too throughout the day, out of the four of them Ruby was the most worried, she noticed a slight change in his eyes after he gave her back her scroll the night before. He was sitting next to Ruby in Oobleck's class, who noticed the absences of comments (F/N) would normally make on the subject he was going over. (F/N) slowly moved a pencil between his fingers while looking at a blank piece a paper, he could tell Summer was standing behind him. Letting his thoughts drift he started to hum softly and mumble a few words.