61. Lost And Found

Start from the beginning

It was quiet for a while. I looked at Harper expectantly, waiting for her to respond. She seemed skeptical, almost as if she were afraid.

Considering the fact that she just informed us on a whole lot-it'd make sense if we used her knowledge to help stop Johanna.

"So?" Nikki asked.

"I guess...if it's really okay." Harper looked at Zane. He simply shrugged.

"She said it was alright- Welcome to the team, Harper." Zane stated before turning towards the table.

"Thanks," She said softly. Harper ran her fingers through her hair before standing.

"We have to meet up with the others, tell them about Johanna." Ali asserted.

"He's right." Perri continued across the room.

"There's more of you?" Harper asked. She paused.

"Yup." I answered. "I apologize in advance for how wild we are- our personalities crash yet we somehow manage to get along."

"Okay then."

"Fantastic, let's go." Nikki began walking towards the door before I stopped.

"Nikhole, your voice is literally provoking to me."

Oh, come on.

I blew out a breath and crossed my eyes when I spotted her bright blonde hair from here on the ground. Johanna sat simply on one of the large window seals.

Harper's body grew stiff and she stepped back, her feet taking her further away from Johanna. I could hear the faint sound of her heartbeat increasing and she gulped. Her wide eyes trained on Johanna.

I didn't want her to be scared. She's been avoiding crossing paths with Jo again and here she was. From here, I could see that she wasn't even looking at Nikki- her eyes were focused on Harper.

"Excuse me?" Nikki asked narrowing her eyes. "I thought you were gone, jackass- the last time we saw you, you got flung off a balcony."

Johanna stood on the window seal, now looking at Nikki. She had on the same clothes from earlier. They were stained with blood, dirt, and grind. Johanna laughed humorlessly.

"That's funny, Nikhole because if I do remember, that's how Armani went too." Johanna blew a breathe before she let her eyes do a scan of the room. I furrowed my eyebrows. Johanna disappeared from the window suddenly and I snapped my head when she appeared on the floor, leaning on one of the tables. "I assume she's not dead."

Johanna had on the same disgusting smirk on her face, her blue eyes cutting cold and teasing everyone she looked at.

"What do you want now?" Zane asked.

Johanna smiled. "You already know what I want. How many times do I have to repeat it, Zane?"

"I meant what are you doing here?" He asked cautiously, stepping forward towards her. My fingers twitched at my sides and I had the urge to make sudden movements.

"I just knew that Harper would be here, and I had to come back and point out my offer again. The last time, she kind of slipped from me. Right, Harper?" Harper remained frozen in her stance.

"Where are your friends?" Perri asked.

"Not with me now, but...here's what's going to happen." Johanna took her weight off the table. "I'm going to take little Harper for a walk and you guys are going to simply let me do it."

"I don't think so." Ali stated. "You'll have to go through us, obviously."

"All of us." Zane stated clearly.