The Death of Me

My head was swimming by the time we got back to Slivko's house, an almost drunken smile permanently plastered on my face after the miles and miles of kisses. everything was a bit of a blur after that. I found myself between Matt and Slivie on the couch, boxed in by their bulky instruments as Peaches sniffed around for fallen fries and other crumbs in the burger wrappers that littered the living room. Mike had an accoustic guitar and so did Matt, but Slivko had an accoustic bass guitar and Peter had a banjo. They laughed and joked and argued as they tuned up the instruments, cracking me and Grace up. 

All the silliness faded away when they began to play though. to say they were good would be a massive understatement, they were phenomenal. Mike sang wonderfully, his melodic singing voice surprising me after hearing him talk with his southern accent. I wondered if he wrote the songs they were playing, or if he just really resonated with the lyrics because the emotion in his performance was almost haunting. I noticed his careful and soft glances toward Penny as he sang and knew he was singing to her. I carefully glanced at her, not wanting to let on that I noticed what was going on. She looked right back at him, not open, but not closed off either. Like she knew what he was doing and she was allowing it- not quite accepting it, but not dismissing him. It seemed very complicated to me as I sat there quite happily with Slivko.

After that emotionally melody they played something more up tempo and fun, Peter putting the banjo down in favor of a set of maracas and a tambourine, baffling my mind that he could play them differently but simultaneously. It was really fun to hear them play and I didn't get tired of it except for actually getting tired. I gently placed my hand on Slivko's back after one song ended and he seemed to know just what I meant. He suggested a song for them to play as he set his guitar down and leaned back on the couch. I immediately fit into his side and felt his arm around me. We stayed that way for a few songs before my eyes started feeling especially heavy. Music floated around in my mind but I must have fallen asleep.

I started to wake up when Slivko lifted me from the couch and started carrying me down the hall toward his room. I didn't protest being carried now that I was awake, I just enjoyed it and wrapped my arms around him, burying my face in the crook of his neck.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep," I mumbled against his shirt. "I was having a good time."

"It's ok, you've had a long trip," he spoke softly and kissed my head. "I was going to carry you to my bed instead of downstairs, I can take the basement."

The sheets were turned down and my suitcase was at the foot of the bed already, like he had gotten everything ready for me. What a thoughtful boy.

"Is there anything you need?" he asked after he set me down on the bed and tucked me in, enveloping me in his signature scent as he knelt by the bedside.

In that moment all I wanted was for him to stay, to have another airport kiss and another hammock night. It must have been written on my face because he raised an eyebrow at me even in the dark.

"Careful May," he said in a low, cautionary voice.

"What?" I asked, feigning innocence.

"Careful what you ask me for, I'm liable to give it to you and then some," he explained as he held my hand, kissing my knuckles after he finished speaking.

"Are you sure we can't get away with it?" I whispered. "Like the hammock?"

a soft chuckled passed his lips as he looked down. "We could definitely get caught and I don't want any trouble. You just got here," he said, the struggle of his will power visible on his face.

"Then will you give me a kiss goodnight?" I bartered. 

He sighed through a smirk, giving me a pointed look. "Behave yourself, Maybelle."

I gave a small grin as he leaned in. All my favorite books had a slow build up to the kiss and confession of love and I always found it so satisfying. I never expected my story to work out so differently. Usually I got bored with stories when the lovers got together too quickly or kissed too much, but how wrong I had been. Now that I knew what it was like to kiss the one you love I couldn't get enough. Kissing Slivko had not gotten any less exciting or satisfying and my heart still sped up in anticipation as he came closer. He brushed my nose with his softly first before his lips softly settled over mine. I pressed back, reaching my fingers till they brushed his jaw before he pulled away, leaving me sooner than I wanted but not disappointing me.

"I told you to behave," He said still close to my face.

"And I'm telling you that tomorrow you better kiss me like you did at the airport," I dared talk back as I held his chin and brushed my thumb across his bottom lip.

He gave me a look like I was killing him but he loved it. "Who knew the death of me wouldn't be giant monsters, but one little girl," he said, making a huge smile break out over my face before I propped myself up to steal one last kiss from him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALRIGHT Y'all got me back on this freaking story lol. Gosh, it's been McFreaking YEARS since I started this. Luckily somehow I remembered what I planned to do with it. This chapter was just to get me back in the vibes again. I'm sorry I left this for so long, I had the greatest feedback ever on it. I mean, it still regularly gets viewed and liked and commented on, people even say things like "Oh I'm back for the seventh time!" like geez, I haven't even read my favorite book that many times, you're really giving me too much credit, my ego is going to inflate like a balloon and carry me away. 

But seriously, the comments are my favorite thing ever, and without you guys I never would have started my own original novel that I'm going to try to publish. So thank you so so so much for your support, I really cannot express how much it means to me. I hope you like my writing style enough to check out my other stories and that you might support my future novel as well.

to update everything to current status, I have an instagram just for my writing now, it's magnoliabloomfield, you can find me by that name on AO3 as well, Tumblr, and tiktok. I just posted an ASMR video of my new light up keyboard, and I have some videos about my original novel as well. 

Let's see, if you've been keeping up with my other works recently you might Know that I have been through some health problems both physical and mental. I had a bad case of food poisoning about two years ago that has had lasting effects on my gut health, I'm 40 pounds lighter and I hate it, it's ridiculous to have thighs that don't touch anymore. I was only ever complimented on my eyes and my curves and I lost the curves. geez. Also, last year in the middle of the pandemic, they diagnosed me with anxiety and depression. It manifests as ADHD like symptoms in me, which is what I had originally contacted the doctor to be tested for. So if you want me to stay focused on a story please comment because comments motivate me and help me keep focused because i know I'll be doing something for someone that they'll like if I keep working on it. 

Currently I'm the most excited about my fanfiction Garden of Heathen because I am absolutely in love with Will Poulter as Gally. I love him so much I wrote another shorter fic about him in the middle of GoH which has surpassed the word count of the original maze runner book. 

I'm very happy and excited to have finally given into my passion and calling of being a writer, and I hope to keep making you guys here happy and learning from you what my strengths and weaknesses are so i can keep improving and be successful as an author. You guys give me amazingly helpful and encouraging comments and I hope you will continue to do so. Look out for me, one day you will see Magnolia Bloomfield and her debut novel Oblivoid and you can say you knew that insecure nerd from fluff fanfiction for obscure characters on Wattpad  LOL!

Love you guys! Enjoy!