Act II Scene XVII

The End... For Now

So, long story short, they fought, and everybody made it out okay. Jennifer is dead, Deucalion is gone. And everything is relatively normal. Kind of. But it’s like a darkness. Like it’s lingering over everyone. Like something is coming. Embry stands outside Derek building.

“You can come with us you know?” Derek offers, “Learn more about our family. Your family.”

“Um,” Embry hesitates, “I don’t think so. But i’m really hoping to see you guys soon.” Embry hugs the pair.

“Be safe, kid,” Derek smiles at her.

“Yeah, you too. Take care of each other, yeah?” The two nod and get in Derek’s car. Taking off.

Embry sits on Stiles bed. One of her hands in his. The one that shares a bracelet with him.

“So um,” Embry hesitates, taking this moment to memorize Stiles face. Not knowing if she’ll ever be this close again, “I-I think that I uh, I’m going to go away for awhile.” Embry sniffs and nods, trying to hold back tears.

“Are you coming back?” Stiles voice cracks and it breaks Embry’s heart.

“I’ll alway come back. I promise,” Embry stares at their bracelets.

“Where will you go?” Stiles honey whiskey eyes meet her grass green ones.

“I don't know yet,” Embry blinks back tears. She is tired of crying.

“How will I get ahold of you? Will you have your phone? Will you be a wolf? If you’re too far away will it hurt because you’re not near me? What if you get hurt? Will you forget about me?” Stiles spouts off questions that brings tears to the girls eyes.

“I’ll never forget you,” A sad smile crosses Embry’s face, “Remember,” Embry holds up her wrist, “You’ll always have a piece of me.”
    Stiles barks out a laugh, “That was really cheesy.” Embry giggles a bit.

“Oh you know i’m a slut for cheesy romance moments.”

.................
This is short and i hate it. But this is the end of book one! Im excited dudes. Just wait. I'll post the second on in about a month or so. I need some time to settle in and stuff.
Thanks for the love and support guys❤
-sam
361 words