Act I Scene IX

No More Parties?

"You know you probably shouldn't be here," Embry sits criss cross on her bed. The kanima, who isn't fully changed, copying her actions on the floor.

"I know," The voice spills from Jackson's mouth.

"My brother is sleeping, right over there," Embry raises her eyebrows.

"I know, I just wanted to make sure your okay," The kanima moves from the floor to her bed.

"I'm fine. Just tired. You know these late night talks are gonna start affecting my grades soon," Embry laughs a bit. The kanima furrows it's eyebrows.

"Why care about grades?"

"Well, I want to graduate," Embry leans back and stares at her ceiling, the kanima mimics her on her left, "And go to college, and you know, start a family."

"With who? That boy from the hospital and from school?" Embry can tell that it angers the kanima to talk about it.

"Stiles? I don't think so. He's in love Lydia Martin. You know her, well, Jackson does. But I don't know, I'm still only sixteen."

"Oh," The kanima nods.

"What about you? What's going to happen?" Embry glances at him from the corner of her eye. He is already looking at her.

"I don't know. Whatever Matt tells me to do, I have to listen," Embry's eyebrows pinch together.

"Matt? That's who your master is?"

"Yeah, he is," The kanima nods.

"Hmm, so that's why you've been killing people? Because he told you to?"

"Yes," The kanima nods while Embry and rolls over. Her back facing him."What? What are you doing?" The kanima sits up, resting on his elbow.

"Sleep. I need it. I have school in three hours. You can stay or go. Just be gone before Scott wakes up," Embry snuggles into her blanket and tries to get some sleep. The kanima stays and watches her. When the sun begins to rise, he strokes her cheek and takes off.

™™™™™™™

"Clear your schedual, this could take a while," Lydia walks into Allison's room, Embry trudging behind her. She is exhausted.

"Embry?" Allison looks confused to see the McCall.

"Yeah?" Embry tilts her head. Allison is her friend, why wouldn't she be here.

"You don't remember," Allison mutters.

"What ever. Back to why we are here," Lydia pulls out a bunch of dresses.

"How many dresses do you plan on wearing?" Embry plops down in Allisons desk chair while Allison look through the bags.

"It's my birthday party. I'm think hostess dress, evening dress, then hmm, after-hours casual," Lydia lays out a few dresses.

"I noticed you didn't send out any invites," Embry leans back in the chair, rubbing her forehead at Allison's remarks.

"It's the biggest party of the year. Everyone knows," Lydia's words are stiff and irritated.

"I was wondering if maybe this year things, you know, might be different," Allison doesn't need to be bringing this up. Embry frowns and glances at her.

"Why would anything be different?" Lydia stops moving. You can see she is a bit angry.

"Just cause things have been a bit off lately. Things, people. Like Jackson," Embry stiffens. Allison needs to stop talking. Now.