Act I Scene II

Anxiety Is A Bitch

-trigger warning: anxiety attack-

The bell rings for lunch and Embry stands. This is her least favorite time of the day. She tends to hide out in the library.

"H...Hi, I'm Stiles. I can't help noticing you're new. Do you wanna sit with me and my friend?" Stiles turns and gives someone a thumbs up.

"Um, sure, I guess. But I've been here over a month," Embry's breath quickens. She is hella nervous. Stiles feels guilty for not noticing her.

"So I told you my name, what's yours?" Stiles chuckles as the start towards Stiles table.

"Embry," The brunette says with a small nod.

"Embry, that sounds familiar," Stiles stops, "You can sit here."

"Scott?" Embry looks to her brother. Confusion in her gaze

"Embry? Stiles," Scott looks to the boy with the dimples, a sigh escaping his lips.

"Wait, this is Embry? Your sister Embry?" Stiles jaw drops.

"Yeah, that Embry," Scott rolls his eyes.

"I'm gonna gooo," Embry stands. Very uncomfortable.

"No!" The two best friends shout.

"No, it's okay. Stay," Scott smiles. Embry sits back down and smiles uncomfortably.

"Okayyy," Embry draws out the word. Grabbing her phone and headphones, she quickly plugs them in, listening to the Dawn album by RY X. She taps her fingers to the beat on the table, ignoring her lunch and everyone around her.

"Hey, hey!" Scott snaps his fingers in front of her face.

"Sorry," Her breathes quicken as she pulls out a bud, "Do you need something?"

"Turn it down," Scott smiles a bit and Embry's face turns red. Both boys just heard her music.

"Sorry," She smiles and turns it down, placing the bud back in her ear and zoning out again.

"Is she okay?" Stiles whispers to Scott.

"Yeah, why?" Scott looks like he's lying.

"Yeah, she seems a bit jumpy and jittery."

Scott sighs, "Em has anxiety. Mom and I think it increased with the move. She also lived with my dad for ten years and he's an alcoholic, so it's to be expected."

"Oh," Stiles furrows his eyebrows and glances a the small girl. Wondering how he hadn't noticed her. Embry is staring out the window, a peice of hair twirling in her fingers. Her bottom lip stuck between her teeth. Her left leg bouncing up and down as a high rate of speed.

"I'm gonna dump my tray," Embry abruptly stands and flees the table. She dumps her tray and practically sprints to the bathroom. When she doesn't come back, Scott goes to ask Allison to check on her.

"Embry? Are you in here?" The dark haired girl opens the bathroom. Sniffles and gasps can be heard from the stall at the end, "Em?" The hunter pushes the door open, revealing the oldest McCall. Her head pushed back against the wall, knees pulled to her chest, tears streaming down her face.

"Embry? Are you okay?" Allison panics.

"It's an anxiety attack, it's okay, it'll pass," Embry shakes, closing her eyes, a thin line of sweat covers her face. Usually Charlie helped with this thing.