Act I Scene V

Bet, You Cry All The Time

Embry walks into her house. Her whole body is numb. She shuts the door, shaking.

"Embry? Is that you?!" Scott calls down the stairs.

"You already knew it was, don't pretend, please don't pretend anymore," Embry whispers. Her voice cracking and breaking. Scott walks to the top of the stairs. Embry has tears slipping down her face.

"Embry," Scott runs down the stairs to hug her but she flinches away.

"Please, don't," Embry runs up to her room, shutting and locking the door. She does the same with all the windows.

"Em, please, I'm sorry," Scott stands outside the door, leaning his forehead against it, "Embry..." Embry sits on her bed, back pressed against the headboard, knees pulled to her chest.

"Go away," Her voice breaks.

"I don't see why you're so upset, just please talk to me." Anger bubbles up in Embry. He doesn't see why she's upset. She quickly gets dressed in jeans and a black hoodie.

"Embry, I can hear your heartbeat. I know you're angry. Just come out and we can talk about this." Embry throws open her window and climbs out. Jumping from the roof to the ground. She literally almost dies, but manages. Embry takes off in a run. She doesn't pay attention to where, she just runs.

Embry finally looks up when she is out of breath. She's at Stiles. Embry walks up and knocks on the door. The Sheriff opens it.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mr. Stilinski, I'm Embry McCall. A friend of Stiles. Can I come in?"

"He's upstairs on the right," The Sheriff opens the door to let her in. Embry sprints up the stairs, already knowing where to go. She knocks on the door. A faint 'come in' is heard. Embry opens the door to find Stiles laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Stiles?" Embry's voice is barely above a whisper. Stiles sits up and looks to her.

"Embry? Are you okay?" Stiles stands and walks towards her.

"Not really. I just found out my brother is a werewolf and a homicidal lizard has been sneaking into my room because it thinks I'm its mate," Embry says dryly, "I've had more panic attacks in the last three hours then I have this week, and I just really want a hug right now." A forced laugh falls from her mouth. Stiles just stands there.

"So, Scott told you?" They sit on the edge os Stiles bed.

"Nope. The lizard did. Ironic huh," Embry has to stop from laughing. She doesn't know why she wants to, but she feels it bubbling up.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Stiles stares at his hands. Not knowing what to say.

"This... This was a bad idea," Embry stands, "I should leave."

"No, Em-" But she was already gone.

™™™™™™™

Embry wakes to strong arms carrying her. Her eyelashes flutter open. A boy with curly blondish hair and pretty blue-green eyes. He glances at her.

"Go back to sleep, it's fine," He grins at her. Embry smiles and closes her eyes. Snuggling her head on his chest. She thinks he's kinda cute.

"Mmm, you're warm," Embry hums.

"Yeah, well, you did sleep in the woods," The boy chuckles.

"Oh," Nothing is really registering with her. She just feels mellow, "What's your name?" Embry yawns and tries to get closer to him as she begins shivering.