Act I Scene IV

What the fuck is a Kanima?

It's now Friday. Embry couldn't be happier. She is going to her first Lacrosse game. Hanging out with Stiles afterwards, and she got a new sketchbook. She filled the other already. And she has only had three panic attacks this week. She also saw that lizard thing again, convincing her it wasn't a dream.

"Hey, little McCall," The honey eyed boy wraps an arm around her shoulder.

"Hey, Stiles," Small flutters find their way in Embry's stomach. She just smiles and pushes them away. He's in love with Lydia, not her.

"So are you staying to watch practice, or are you going home then coming to the game?" Stiles stops by her locker with her.

"I'm going home to change. Don't want to wear this out in a crowd full of sweaty people," Embry jesters to her band new dress.

"Oh, hey, you should wear my away game jersey," Stiles face tints pink after he thinks about what he said, "I mean, if you want to. You don't have to cause we're not a couple or any-"

"It's okay. I'll wear it. I have the perfect maroon shorts to match. The only question is, should I wear my black converse or maroon Vans?" Stiles wraps his arm back around her shoulder as he begins walking her to class.

"Vans. Definitely Vans," Stiles nods.

"Okay. I'll see you then," Embry smiles at him and walks backwards into class. Embry takes her seat next to Allison.

"What's that smile?" The hunter smirks.

"What smile?" Embry furrows her eyebrows.

"The smile that says 'I think I have a crush on a boy, but I'm not sure yet,' kind of smile," Lydia sits on the other side of Embry.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Embry presses her lips together, trying not to grin.

"Oh stop," Lydia whispers as class starts, "So, who is it?"

"I bet it's Stiles. You guys are always together," Allison leans towards the short McCall.

"Because he's my best friend, maybe?" Embry shrugs

"Oh, keep thinking that," Lydia whispers and sits up straight, paying attention to the teacher.

™™™™™™™

Embry opens her locker to get her things. The bell rang a few minutes ago and Lydia is giving her a ride home. In her locker is a white jersey. In big maroon letters on the back is the number 24 and the last name "STILINSKI". Embry smiles, her heart feeling warm, and draps it over her arm.

"Ready to go?" Lydia pops up next to her.

"Yeah, come on," Embry and Lydia begin talking about the test coming up while walking out to the car.

"Do you want to hook up to the aux?" Embry climbs in the passenger side, raising an eyebrow.

"Really?"

"Yeah, go ahead." Embry sets up her music. Playing Gives You Hell by The All American Rejects. Lydia and Embry sing along the whole way to Embry's house.

"Thanks for the ride," The short girl crawls out of the car.

"No problem. See you tonight!" Lydia drives away.

"You hang out with Lydia Martin?" Embry squeals and turns around and punches the person. She immediately grabs her hand in pain. Derek turns his head back to her. An eyebrow raised.