Act I Scene XIV

Some Cute Stembry For Ya

"Mom! Embry! I'm home!" Scott yells through the house. Embry just flinches and covers her ears. She is curled up in her bed, covered in blankets. Her blinds are pulled shut, her room almost pitch black. Every sound, light, and smell is causing her pain.

A hiss can be heard throughout the house. Embry shoots straight up. Not caring about the pain in her head. She bolts from her room, finding the kanima choking her mother with it's tail, and a smirking Gerard.

"Oh, Embry, I didn't know you were home," Gerard smirks as spots blind Embry's vision. Pain exploding in her head. The girl gasps, "You stay there." Gerard points to the kanima. It tried to help the girl.

"What.... What are you doing?" Embry's eyes droop.

"Just having a little chat with Scott here. Now, about Derek's Pack," Gerard practically growls.

"Please," Embry whispers to the kanima as Scott and Gerard argue, "Please, you know how I... I lost Charlie. I can't lose her too." The kanima has a pleading look on his face. Wishing he could stop.

The kanima suddenly drops their mother, leaving with Gerard, he barley hesitates.

"Mom," Embry breaths out and collapse next to her.

"Are you okay?" Worry laces through Scotts veins. He can't lose his mom.

"I don't know what's happening. I don't know what that thing was or even what you are, but whatever he wants, just give it to him," Melissa cries. Scared to death.

"Mom, it's not that easy," Scott winces.

"Do what he wants. Just give him what he wants," Melissa pants. Embry wraps an arm around her and pulls her into a hug.

"I don't know if I can," Scott pinches his eyebrows together. 100% terrified.

™™™™™™™

"Embry, are you sure you're okay if I go to work?" Scott stands in the threshold of her door.

"I'm fine, Scott. Go," Embry whispers and rolls overs. A new pain forming in her head. Scott could hear the small jump in her heartbeat. The boy just shakes his head.

"I know you're lying Embry," The small girl just pulls her head in between her knees.

"Just. Go." Embry pants, "I'll be fine later. I just have a headache," Again, Scott can hear that she's lying.

"Okay. I'll send Stiles to come check on you later," Scott turns and Embry just clenches her hands in her hair.

"I don't... I don't need a babysitter," Embry rolls her eyes, but tightly closes them when a pain shoots in her brain.

"He's coming over," With that, Scott leaves. Embry throws a pillow at a door to shut it and slams her head into a different one.

™™™™™™™

About an hour later, Stiles shows up. Slightly knocking on her door. When she doesn't answer, he just walks in.

Embry lays in her bed. Her hair in a messy bun, one of Scott's shirts covers her small body, her mouth is slightly open as she sleeps. A pillow tucked up under one leg, the other leg is straight out. Her arms wrapped around the pillow.

As soon as the light hits her eyes, she groans.

"Go away, Scott," Embry shoves her face in her pillow.