24: The Worth

As you sat on the throne, you pondered how you how gotten here and if it was really worth it.

Fourteen of your siblings were dead. Kurapika had gotten the eyes of his family. The wives of your father hated you, of course. Your people were forced to call you their empress now. And the ship was only days away from the Dark Continent.

What was a girl to do with the newfound power and buckets of blood on her hand?

The answer was incubate your little love child.

It wasn't particularly odd, seeing as your father had eight wives. But they were wives. Yet, you and Kurapika had no interest in marriage and were plenty happy to go on as normal.

"Empress YN..." Kurapika's voice rang out, "I don't know if I'll get used to calling you that."

"Don't. You can just call me YN." You shrugged as you kicked one leg over the other.

"Not in front of every one else." He walked up to you and stood next to your throne in his normal stance as bodyguard.

"You could, still." You turned to look at him.

"No thanks." He shook his head.

"What, are you going to call me Empress in bed?" You smirked.

"Shut up," he blushed, but smiled as he whispered close to your ear. "The only thing I'm going to call you in bed later is 'naughty'."

You laughed and placed your hand over his.

"I'm so glad we have time to relax now." You mentioned. "Well, honestly, I have a lot of time to relax now. I have a whole country."

"And you have an heir." He crouched next to you.

"Also true. And I don't need to have anymore. I don't want to end up having any kind of killing games for my kids." You shivered. "Irritating."

"For you or for me, my Empressss?" Beast asked.

"For us both." You turned to Beast to reply as Kurapika focused his nen in his eyes.

"Thank you, again, Beast. We couldn't have had our family without you."

"I would never have done it for you. I did it for my Empresssss," Their wisps enveloped you. "And for their Prin-ssss-e."

"I gave her the prince, you better remember." He narrowed his eyes, but his light smile didn't falter.

Beast was always going to be protective of you, but they accepted Kurapika's place in your life. After all, there was something to be said for creating a family. If there was something that was half-you, then they were going to protect it like it was you and love it like you.

And Kurapika would love you both as well. He kissed your head as you twirled Beast's shadows around. You thought again if it was all worth it.

And you settled on the fact that it was. It was worth it.

AN: Thank you for reading! This story took SO long to write! It was actually a request, but I am very happy to be finished with it now. I hope it was a satisfying end and maybe later I'll include a one-shot epilogue.

Check out my other Hunter x Hunter fanfictions!