20: Playing The Game

AN: This chapter contains major Hunter x Hunter chapter 368 spoilers!

"I'm bored, Kurapika." You bemoaned as you sat, listening in on his conversation with Queen Oito. "Sister Woble is sleeping."

"No one asked you to come here, Prince YN. Please stay quiet. We are trying to relax." Kurapika lightly scolded you. He didn't mind your company; in fact he preferred it so that he could keep an eye on you, but he definitely couldn't entertain you right now.

He had begun by spying on the 14th Prince's room: Prince Marayam. The first step was for him to confirm the nen beast, the position of the body guards and the employees. This was Queen Oito's job. 

You watched as she closed her eyes, kept the towel over her face and focused. Quietly, you wondered why Kurapika hadn't asked you to do this job. After all, you actually could use nen even better. Or better yet, you could have just walked into your sibling's rooms and told him just about anything you wanted to know.

Or perhaps not for every single sibling. But definitely for a few. 

You watched what Queen Oito wrote down in the notebook that Kurapika had provided her. Your oldest brother Benjamin had sent his finest officer to watch over your sister Woble and so everything had to be done silently; particularly boring.

14th Prince Marayam's nen beast is a dinosaur-like monster! There are a total of 18 bodyguards and pro-hunters in the room! And 6 servants! That fact that there's more than the assigned 15... means that these are likely some of his sister's bodyguards as well. If my prediction is correct. Then, in 13th Prince Momoze's room, there should be 6 spy guards stationed by other princes.

You shrugged at this. It was just like Sister Momoze's mother to do this. What more could you have expected?

"NOOOOOO!!!! STOP IT!!! STOP HIM!!" Queen Oito suddenly stood up and shouted, running to Kurapika, shocking you and causing you to lean back into Beast.

"PRINCE MOMOZE IS GOING TO BE KILLED!! YOU HAVE TO STOP HIM, QUICK!!!" She screamed, pushing Kurapika to do something.

You shook your head, snapping out of your stupor.

"My precious Sister Momoze..." You mumbled.

"PLEASE CALM DOWN, QUEEN OITO!!" Kurapika shouted back! "You're in your bedroom right now. You're exhausted and must have just been having a nightmare. You're upsetting Prince YN. You know how she cares for her sister Prince Momoze."

Queen Oito slapped Kurapika's hands away.

"This is no time for petty strategies! If you won't help then I will go and take Prince YN with me!" She turned to you. "Please! Let us go help!"

"Very well, we'll check on them immediately. Bill!" He motioned to a guard. "Get in touch with room 1012  and confirm the status of Prince Momoze!"

"The operator will only connect a private officer of one of the higher princes. I'll act as the intermediary for you." Benjamin's guard spoke up.

"I shall simply go see." You spoke up as you left the room.

And you honestly wished you hadn't.

As you stood in front of your sister's door, you watched as a dark black bag was carted from her room. Meesee was gone. Momoze was dead. And there was nothing you could do about it.

"Almo-ssss-t nothing." Beast assured you. "You could kill them all."

"I will." You mumbled quietly. "I think I will play the game now."