15: Great

"Ladies and Gentlemen! At long last, the day has finally arrived!! Humanity prepares to expand its horizons even further as it embarks anew!! Let the eve's festivities commence! On its journey to the new continent! From here on out every single thing you experience will be history! That's right, you yourselves will be a part of history!! I am honored to be in the presence of living witnesses to a great chapter in history! The great giant who realized this modern-day ark! Our very own emperor! Well then, without further ado, let me introduce... Hui Guo Rou Nasu-Bi!"

You watched from afar as your father appeared on a stage in front of what looked like at least a few hundred thousand. Today was the launch and anyone who could make it, did make it. It was a party like no other in Kakin and everyone was having a great time. Even all of the Princes. That was certainly only because the competition hadn't begun yet.

"I've only got one thing I wanna say!" Your father rang out with jubilance "I... am the great emperor of Kakin!"

Everyone cheered for the emperor as he spoke, as if he were some kind of musician.

"And together, we will claim the new continent!"

The announcer began again as you recognized your time to wave and smile.

"And the princes related to the great emperor by blood! They all await the very first step on the historic voyage! On the second stage, we have our second-in command, Master Beyond. With his very own life on the line, our emperor is going to lead the way for his people to untrodden lands! Has anyone like this ever existed before?! NO!!! NEVER!! And now at last..." There was a large pause as you, your siblings, your father and your mothers all boarded the ship, "The emperor is headed aboard the airship that is going to head for the Black Whale! There it goes! Our Great Emperor! Now heading onto the fittingly great ship! Right this very great moment! What a great arrival!!"

Your head hurt. Not only from the vast amounts of alcohol that you had been consuming throughout the last twenty-four hours and the amount of screaming and fun that you and Salé-salé had been having, but from the amount of sheer worry you felt from the task that was ahead of you. Not that anyone could blame you. Heading to a place that practically no one had come back alive from? And you had zero combat training? Why would that even be appealing? Especially when you were going to have a blood bath the whole way there?

"What a great arrival! So full of greatness!! Oh, it is great, ladies and gentlemen!!" Also, on the ater, the general passengers have no begun heading to the Black Whale by ferry! What do you think of this, wold? This! Is! Greatness! And now, the airships containing the VIPs are heading there, one after the other!! For such a great occasion, we too must enjoy ourselves!! Let's celebrate!!"

But you really just felt like taking a nap.