5: Tickling the Funny Bone

"Why don't you look like a rat?" You asked Kurapika suddenly as you picked at the food in front of you. You weren't particularly hungry, especially with such a handsome, creepy individual staring at you.

"What do you mean? Why would I?" Kurapika asked.

"Practically everyone else looks like their animals. Why don't you look like yours?"

"What? What are you talking about? None of us look like animals, we look like humans."

You scrunched your eyebrows together and huffed until you noticed a tugging at the corners of his mouth. He was simply joking with you. So in return you threw a grape at him.

Tons of eyes looked over at you and you couldn't help but break out into giggles. You were probably the silliest of all the princes, so these antics weren't particularly unusual.

"Sister YN! Must you, with all of our honored guests here??" Momoze scolded you lightly.

"Sorry! Sorry! He's just so funny!" You giggled more and covered your mouth, throwing a second grape at him.

"He didn't say anything!" Momoze was feeling faint from your antics.

"Oh don't worry about me, Sister Momoze! I'll be good, I promise!" You patted her hand gently to reassure her.

But as you looked over at Kurapika, you noticed that he had the grapes in his hand, ready to toss them back.

Before you could react, the grapes were launched at your face with precise accuracy. You opened your mouth to catch them, but surprisingly they never hit. Opening your eyes and closing your mouth you looked up. Kurapika once again had the grapes in his hand, but this time you noticed the chains attached to them.

Once again, you broke out in raucous laughter.

"My prin-ssss-e, you are ssss-o giggly today. Do you really favor thisss sssstranger?" Beast hissed to you.

"Mmm, I don't think I've quite decided yet. But he really is garnering my favor. You know how I adore those who indulge me." You turned to talk to Beast.

It was Kurapika's turn to scrunch his forehead at you. He wondered what you were doing, who you were talking to, and how he could garner even more favor. He was so distracted that it took Leorio elbowing him to get him to move attention away from you.

"What are you doing? You're acting weird." Leorio whispered.

"I'm creating a good rapport, as if you would know anything about that." Kurapika whispered back harshly.

"Hey! Well, if you ask me--"

"Which no one is."

"You like that girl."

"Prince."

"Whatever, the body on her is so, so, delicious! I mean look at her!"

"Don't be disgusting. Aren't you supposed to be a professional now?"

"Ah, well, as a professional, I rate her a 10/10 and definitely think you should pursue. She's flirting with you anyway."

"This is highly unprofessional. I will ensure she never comes within reach of you."

Leorio grumbled, while Kurapika smiled to himself. He did like you pretty well. Everyone thought he was some uptight, unfunny kid with a vendetta. And he did have a vendetta and he was a little uptight, but he was definitely funny. He knew exactly how to tickle your funny bone and he hoped it would work in his favor.